• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by MdntRanger50

1. 3.0l cam sync permanent fix, never replace again

All of them do have failures. I have only had one that actually had a hard failure, the sensor got torn up. The rest where making noise from dry bushings. I have deal with these in 3.8l mustangs, 4.2l f150s, 5.0l explorer engines, 3.0 and 4.0l rangers.
  2. 3.0l cam sync permanent fix, never replace again

Well your sync will probably last forever since you oil it regularly, good deal. Nice lightning too, its super awesone! Thanks
  3. 3.0l cam sync permanent fix, never replace again

I agree, Ford's "lifetime" lubed is a few decades short of my standards lol.. I have even drilled and tapped balls joints and tie rod ends to install grease fittings. The 3.0l zerk points towards the cam sync hold down bolt. The 4.2l and 5.0l syncs i actually tapped for a screw in zerks. The...
  4. 3.0l cam sync permanent fix, never replace again

That hour of time you spend every year squirting oil in your doohickey could be spent putting a zerk in it one time then never have to worry about it again. 2 second grease squirt every 5 years while pulling you pud
  5. 3.0l cam sync permanent fix, never replace again

Its no trouble if you do it when replacing a cam sync or you have the engine out for some reason. I wouldnt do it just because, not the point of the post.
  6. 3.0l cam sync permanent fix, never replace again

Thank you. I have been into rangers, Mustangs, explorers, and f150s for some 27 years now. I had a ton of little fix it articles like this over on Ranger Power Sports (RPS) was a member there since 2001, now that the site has been gone for a couple of years I lost all of them. Sad deal. I had a...
  7. 3.0l cam sync permanent fix, never replace again

If you ever take a cam sync apart. There is a seal in the bottom half that has to be in there so it wont have a vacuum leak through the cam sync. This causes a problem because the top part of the cam sync has a bronze bushing that is lubricated with grease from the factory, the lower half gets...
  8. 98 3.0l into 01 edge

Comparison between early and later chains n gears.
  9. 98 3.0l into 01 edge

The 98 chain and gears are actually wider vs the 01 chain and gears. Earlier had 11 bars in each link, later only has 9 bars in each link. I took some side by side comparsion photos. I actually just finish up the swap today. Drove it around today for the first time. Took my time did eveything...
  10. 98 3.0l into 01 edge

Thanks RonD for the reply and info. I think you may be on to something with the crank, i think the crank gear on the older sets has a step on it and the newer one doesnt. I ordered a 98 set, i also have a 99+ set so i will compare when i get the other one in. I did notice the crank sensors are...
  11. 98 3.0l into 01 edge

Putting a 3.0l out of a 98 coil spring ranger into an 01 edge. The interchange data said it was a direct replacement but its not. Im reusing the intakes, valve covers, engine mounts, exhaust manifolds, and wiring from the 01. Replacing all gaskets except the head gaskets. I would like to also...
  12. 04 3.0l valve spring installed height and pressures

I purchased a set of reman heads with all hardened exhaust seats installed. They reused all the stock valves and springs. Intake valves look good, but the margin left on the exhaust valves are kind of on the thin side. I took them apart to inspect the hardened exhaust seat work and to measure...
  13. Fuel lines length questions

I have a "new to me" 04 ranger edge 3.0l extended cab. I need to replace the dual fuel lines from the tank to the filter. Is this section the same between regular cab and extended cab? I guess I am asking where is the length difference in the lines at, before or after the filter?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad