• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by moonbeam

1. 1998 Ranger Starting Problems

When I turn the switch on I hear the fuel pump running for a few seconds. After those few seconds it shuts off. I have the filter out right now to see if it will continue to pump fuel but it doesn't. I've checked the inertia switch and it's not tripped. The relays appear to be good. Any thoughts...
  2. Needing a little advice

About to purchase another 98 Ranger with a bad 3.0 engine. Found a 99/2000 Ranger 3.0 engine. What will I need to change over from the 98 engine to the 99/2000 engine to make this swap work in the 98 body.
  3. 1998 Ranger 4X4

Bought another Ranger with a locked up engine, it's a 98 4X4 with a 3.0. I have a good 3.0 in a 97 Ranger. My question is: what will I need to change in order to swap the 97 engine into the 98. Thanks
  4. !997 Ranger

Will 1993 Lincoln Mark 8 seats fit a 1997 Ranger. These are power seats and we want to put them in the Ranger. If I need to do mods what will I need to mod?
  5. 1997 Ranger

My step-son's 97 Ranger (4.0 engine, 4X2 automatic) tranny is gone. Are there any other years that will fit his truck. I can't find a 1997 anywhere. Everyone says it's one of a kind and 1997 is the only one that will work because of it either comes with or without an overdrive drum sensor. With...
  6. 1997 Ford Ranger 4.0 P1443 Code

Having compared part numbers and prices I have learned from O'Reilly Auto Parts the 97 3.0 and 4.0 canister purge solenoid (part # CP509 $23.99) and the vapor canister purge solenoid (part # CP505 $49.99) have the same part number. I thought I would add this for anyone like myself who has 2 97...
  7. 1997 Ranger Axle help please

I replaced the rear end in my son's 97 Ranger. The tag on the rear ends reads: S370F 3 73 75 6L01 I purchased a rear end from a 98 Ranger. The tag on the rear end reads: S386M 3 73 75 8A26. However, when I put the wheels on they will not fit over the axle hub. After taking the tires back off...
  8. 96 Ranger needs engine

Are there any differences between a 97 3.0 engine and a 96 3.0 engine? Would this be a straight swap without having to change half of the engine parts?
  9. 97 Ranger 3.0 engine

What are the differences between a 93 Ranger 3.0 and a 97 Ranger 3.0 engine? I am looking at a 93 Ranger that needs an engine. I have a good 97 3.0 Ranger engine. I'm wondering if's it worth my time to put the 97 engine in a 93 body.
  10. 97 Ranger 4.0 OHV Cam sensor problem

After getting new engine in I found the CMP connector is different from the old one. I need advice on how to correct this problem. I removed unit from the old engine but need to make sure what I'm doing before I go any further. Also, what's the best way to get the bolt that holds the unit in...
  11. 97 Ranger 4.0 engine removal.

I am back to square one with this. I can't get some of the bellhousing to engine bolts to break loose. I have all the bolts but the tops 2 loose. I have an 810ft lb torque impact gun yet the bolts refuse to break loose. So is it possible to remove the engine and tranny as one unit? Other...
  12. 97 4.0 ranger engine removal

What's the easiest way to remove the engine? I'm thinking I will have to remoel the tranny (automatic) and engine together since the engine is locked up and I can't turn it to get to the torque converter bolts. Any thoughts and/or tips? I don't have a shop with a lift to do this in so realize I...
  13. New to site.

Hello to all. Here to gain insight into the task at hand with a 1997 4.0 Ranger.
  14. 1997 Ranger 4.0 engine swap

I'm new to the forum so please excuse what some may see as a dumb question. However, I think the only dumb question is the one that's never ask. I bought a 97 Ranger (great deal I hope) with a 4.0 that is locked up. I'm wondering what other 4.0 engines will fit my truck without mods. Thanks in...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad