• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by MorganMcCann

1. MorganMcCann

4R44 Torque converter and shift problems

I've got a '99 Ranger 3.0L 4x4, the truck runs great but when you slow down sometimes the torque converter doesn't unlock and the truck almost stalls out. Also, when you take off from a stop there is a clunk like it took the torque converter a second to unlock. I have had my trans fluid changed...
  2. MorganMcCann

Extended Cab without Jump Door seat swap

I'm looking at swapping my 60/40 seats out of my ranger. I found a donor explorer I can get the seats and center console out of. However, this is a four door explorer and the seats will not slide forward. What are my options to either get these seats to slide, or get different seats?
  3. MorganMcCann

Could a little bit of coolant do this?!

My friend fixed this kid, Jim's coolant hose on a 2004 Grand Am 3.4L. When my friend changed the hose some coolant ran down the side of the block. About a week later he got a text from Jim saying that his head gasket blew and that my friend should be paying him 450$, which was half of the bill...
  4. MorganMcCann

Ranger dies when Starting

I have a '99 Ranger ('99 3.0L 4X4 Off-Road Package). Occasionally it will not start, but has been happening more frequently. When you go to start the truck, I will turn the key and the starter will start to engage (for a fraction of a second, enough to make noise) then everything will go dead...
  5. MorganMcCann

Ranger keeps destroying rear shocks

Good afternoon, I have a '99 Ranger (Off Road package, 4X4, 265/75R16 Duratracs, 3.0L, Automatic trans/transfer case). When I got this truck, it had the factory shocks on it. I replaced the fronts and rears with Monroe Sensa Tracs. The front shocks have been perfect from day one, however I have...
  6. MorganMcCann

Removing Axles Ford 8.8

The spring kit on my rear drums from autozone pretty much exploded in my rear end. This is the second time this has happened, the first time the self adjuster broke off and caused little damage, and was easily fixed by swapping out my drums for new ones under warranty. However, this time the...
  7. MorganMcCann

Weird brake issue

A few days ago, I was coming home and my brakes went out, but only kind of. The truck still stops, but it takes a long time to stop and the pedal will go all the way to the floor. The day before the truck was stopping fine, and nothing was messed with on the braking system at all. I have no...
  8. MorganMcCann

Speedo problem

My speedo on my 99 Ranger (3.0L 4x4 off road package) is always 3 mph off. Is this a sign of a bad VSS? or what else could it be? Thanks!
  9. MorganMcCann

4R44 O/D Light Flashing

Today on my drive home, my o/d Light came on and started flashing. I pulled over and restarted the truck and everything was fine. Before the light went on I was driving on very snowy roads in 2wd and may have been gently spinning my tires for about a mile or so. Could that light have went off...
  10. MorganMcCann

New tires for the truck

I'm looking for some new tires for my truck, however I don't know what the difference is with the off-road package. I was looking at some BFG All Terrain K/O2 265/75R16. Those are a 31.6 inch diameter tire. Would a 285/75R16 (32.8 inch diameter) fit on the truck and not rub or rub very little...
  11. MorganMcCann

4R44 Shifting rougher when hot

I've got a 99 Ranger 3.0 with the off road package. When it is cold it shifts like a brand new truck, however when warm it is a bit rougher, but not bad. What would cause this? It isn't bad enough to cause any drivability issues, just enough to be an annoyance.
  12. MorganMcCann

Air only coming out of middle vents

I've got a 99 Ranger 3.0, and when you put the heat on the vent setting only the middle vents above the radio. What would cause this? Thanks!
  13. MorganMcCann

Spongy Pedal

My rear drums were making some sort of clunking noise, and I finally got around to changing them. After changing the drums, shoes, hardware and self adjusters. Now I have a what feels like a slightly spongy brake pedal. I can stop, it just feels like the pedal goes further to the ground to do...
  14. MorganMcCann

P0401 Code

I've got a P0401 code recently. The DPFE and EGR are both stock parts. However, upon looking at the EGR tube there is a small dent near the first bend of the tube, but it has been like that for a while because I have not done any work near that tube in months, and I have driven the truck a good...
  15. MorganMcCann

Trailer Light Wiring

I recently put a Reese Hitch on my truck, but I don't have the trailer light connection. There is a round connector just above my license plate light on the driver's side that has 4 wires. Is that for the trailer lights? Which connector do I need...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad