• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by nofordstranger

1. 5r55e Transmission Pan

I recently replaced my 5r55e trans in my 1998 Ranger with the 4.0. with a transmission from a 2000 Explorer, actually the trans was from a 1999. The pan on my original trans was bigger or deeper than the pan on the Explorer trans. Can I or should I use the deeper pan? The explorer pan seems like...
  2. Autolite Platinum Plugs Suck

I bought this 1998 Ranger about 1 month ago, it was running bad but I got a great deal on it. It was misfiring big time. You could see that the previous owner had replaced everything he could think of, he had installed a set of Autolite Platinum Plugs. I replaced the plugs he put in with...
  3. 98 Ranger with RABS - Clicks when Stopping - Please Reply

I am sorry to post a new thread about this issue but all the other clicking treads were 4wd abs issues. Symptoms are = Clicking when slowly braking to a stop. It also downshifts at the wrong time just as I apply brake to come to stop. This doesnt happen every time I stop, about 60% of the time...
  4. I Hope Someone Can Help Me 98 Ranger VSS

This is my issue. 1998 2wd 4.0 - When the engine is cold the truck seems fine with good acceleration but as soon as it warms up it stutters and I have to feather the throttle and can barely get up to speed in town. I ran the codes and it said continuous misfire 3and 4 plus Vehicle Speed Sensor...
  5. Faulty Alternator Causing Other Issues?

I have read somewhere, probably in the forums here, that a faulty alternator or one that is failing can cause symptoms with things like overdrive and transmissions. Is this true?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad