• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by nooberiffic

1. Horn Won't work.

The fuse blows the instant it is inserted. I figure there is a short somewhere. No power is getting to blue wire that goes into the two horns. Traced the wire back through the firewall. Checked at the horn relay under the dash by the coin tray. The relay works, and clicks when you hit the horn...
  2. Oil Issues

So, I have a new 4.0 in my truck. Did the first oil change at 500 miles. Did the second at 3500 a few weeks ago. Using mobil 5w30 synthetic. Here is the problem. When I pulled the oil drain plug the second time (no issue the first time), there was a bit of white film over the end. The oil was...
  3. Neutral Switch and backup switch problems

Did a 4.0 swap and am trying to nail down the last few bugs. The back up lights dont work, and i'm having problems with the RPM's bouncing around from 1300-800 while coasting in neutral. I was told it could be the CTS (for the comp), but its brand new, and I seem to remember a similar problem...
  4. RABS problem

was having problems with my RABS (, so I pulled the 20amp fuse under the dash until I had time. So put it back in to troubleshoot, and noticed that the ABS light would come on after about 10 seconds, and it would brake erratically, and make a noise like something was locking up... Pulled the...
  5. stripped connector by trans

Was trying to track down a couple bugs (no 4wd and low range light, and no reverse lights) and in doing so found this: Anyone know what that stripped connector goes to? I tried plugging in to a empty connector that was next to it (as you can see in the picture). Please ignore the obvious...
  6. speedo gear problem

My 1990 Ranger (4wd, supercab 5 speed, 3.73 gears) had 235/75R15 tires on it when i got it. Stock im pretty sure it had 225's. Anyway, the speedo was off, so I changed the white (17 tooth?) gear to the wine colored 16 gear one. That seemed to fix it, as using the speed things cops set up I was...
  7. loose connectors

I was trying to figure out why my parking brake light doesnt go on when the brake is on (and the bulb is good, checked it in a slot that lights up), and I saw these two unplugged plugs and have no idea what they go to. They are right by the fuze box under the steering column. Any ideas...
  8. 4x4 and 4 Low lights dont work

My 4wd and low range work fine. The bulbs in the dash instrument cluster (not the lights for pushbutton 4wd, I have a manual shift t-case) are good. The lights still wont light up. What gives? Is there some sensor on the t-case that may be broken or not plugged in?
  9. loping idle in neutral

Have a problem with surging RPM's when in neutral. Its not throwing any codes, I checked for intake leaks, cleaned the MAS, the IAC, TB, adjusted the TPS correctly (I believe, .96 volts at closed closed throttle), and reset the computer. It only happens under a certain set of conditions...
  10. one last problem

I am finishing up a 4.0 swap (915 speed harness into a 90 5 speed) and have everything nailed down except the backup lights. I have a wire coming off the back part of the transmission (drivers side) that is missing a plug and doesnt to to anything... Does anyone know the color for the backup...
  11. engine harness question

I have a 4.0 swapped into my '90 Ranger 5 speed that used to have a 2.9. I had a 93 wiring harness that I was using, but due to school, I wont have the time to do all the wiring changes that happened in 93. Does anyone know if a 92 5 speed harness from a explorer would be the same as a '90...
  12. 90 2.9 to 93 4.0

I have a '90 ranger 5 speed that im swapping a 93 4.0 into. I pulled the complete harness (engine, headlight, etc.) from a '93 ex 5 speed for the swap. Everything fit and plugged up except the six or so plugs on the drivers side above the wheel well. Should the transmission harness and main...
  13. 2.9 dipstick on 4.0

Can I reuse my 2.9 dipstick and tube on my 4.0, or are they different lengths?
  14. Fuel injectors 2.9 vs 4.0

What fuel injectors are stock for the 2.9, and for the 4.0? The reason I am asking is a have a set of new injectors that were in my 2.9 that have a white body, and a set from a old 4.0 are red. is the color of the body different on diferent injectors (say 14 vs 19 or 24 lb) I need to find out...
  15. drop brackets

if im putting in some 1.5-2 inch lift coils, im not gonna need drop bracket am I?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad