• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by NotEnoughCowbell

1. Dana 35 SLA Intermediate Shaft Bearing and Seal (2000 3.0l 4x4 flex fuel)

Understood, and I used a manual ball pump, it wasn't the easiest but I was filling it up and spinning it with everything disconnected then sucking out everything I could multiple times It spent a lot of time sunken in mud during my teenage years, then sat in a field for 5 years being rolled...
  2. Dana 35 SLA Intermediate Shaft Bearing and Seal (2000 3.0l 4x4 flex fuel)

The truck spent a lot of time sunken in mud when I was younger, then sat with a front diff full of grit for 5 years being rolled around every now and then. One roller on the original bearing was missing entirely and another was wedged sideways, mud packed all through the bearing. When I tore it...
  3. Dana 35 SLA Intermediate Shaft Bearing and Seal (2000 3.0l 4x4 flex fuel)

Nothing that I can see, I spent a lot of time cleaning it out and wasn't noticing any imperfections on the inside of the housing or where the bearing seats. With it all together, you can grab the end of the CV Axle where it plugs into the Intermediate shaft and it has significant amounts of...
  4. Dana 35 SLA Intermediate Shaft Bearing and Seal (2000 3.0l 4x4 flex fuel)

There we go. Old shaft top, New shaft bottom. Hard to see from the picture but you can see the lines i the top shaft from the bearing
  5. Dana 35 SLA Intermediate Shaft Bearing and Seal (2000 3.0l 4x4 flex fuel)

I don't know how I missed that! Too many numbers and I was searching to quickly I guess. Where do I apply that part number? I've ordered a ton through RockAuto and rarely a few other sites, and I'm sure I could figure it out, but like I said I've spent so much time on this bearing I want to...
  6. Dana 35 SLA Intermediate Shaft Bearing and Seal (2000 3.0l 4x4 flex fuel)

~5 years offroading and sinking it in mud as a teenager, then 5 years sitting in a field. From my understanding, this bar and bearing is something that should NEVER have to be replaced. Play stupid games win stupid prizes right lol. And yes, gear lube flushed and changed and checked periodically...
  7. Dana 35 SLA Intermediate Shaft Bearing and Seal (2000 3.0l 4x4 flex fuel)

I believe that's the bearing I have in it that I got from Napa. I'll have to read it when I pull it back out to be sure, because if it is then the problem may be more like what RonD is saying; something to do with the housing itself? Do you have a link to the Plastic Bushing? that doesn't sound...
  8. Dana 35 SLA Intermediate Shaft Bearing and Seal (2000 3.0l 4x4 flex fuel)

We may have a winner. Might be a bit until I can get it in and get back to update this post, but I've been creeping TRS for 10+ years, nothing more bothersome than an unresolved thread lol.
  9. Dana 35 SLA Intermediate Shaft Bearing and Seal (2000 3.0l 4x4 flex fuel)

I've been having trouble locating these two parts (intermediate shaft bearing and seal). Can anyone point me in the right direction here? I have taken apart the front end on this truck multiple times trying to find the right bearing, spent so much time researching and calling dealerships, parts...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad