• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by nugggster2003

1. 98 rear brakes hot

I have replaced the drums, shoes and wheel cylinders. The parking brake cable is not catching or binding up. The drums get hot after about 2 miles of driving. I have backed off on the self adjusters all the way. I'm lost as to what is the cause now. Could it be the rear proportioning valve? Bad...
  2. Rear 9 inch drums sticking getting hot

Just had the rear shoes and drums replaced along with new hardware. The drivers side rear gets too hot to touch after about 2 miles I've backed off the self adjusters and it hasn't remedied the problem
  3. Socket size

What size socket do I need to take off the wheel bearing retaining nut on my 98 2wd ranger?
  4. 98 ranger brake questions

How can I find out if my ranger has the 9 inch or 10 inch drums in the rear? What about the shoes, is there a one size fits all drums? do I really have to replace the wheel bearings when I do the front rotors? Do the front rotor calipers use those squeeze pins like the 93-94 models use or...
  5. 2.5 running rough, knocking

2.5 running rough, ticking my 98 4cyl reg cab automatic ran rough at idle when I started it this morning & this isn't the first time I have noticed this. it was also making a ticking kinda noise during this process and the ticking and rough idle went away once the engine warmed...
  6. 08 Ranger Headlights

I wanted to upgrade my headlight bulbs to something brighter so I snagged some sylvania super silverstars on sale for 25 bucks. after popping the hood & trying all I can. the bulbs are hard to get to, & I havent been able to get them out. can anybody chime in on what I can do to accomplish...
  7. 08 Fuel Filter clamps

Im going to change the fuel filter on my 08 4 liter ranger. I read the howto section about changing the fuel filters on here in the tech library. Everything except the style of fuel clamps on the hoses is the same as shown in the tech section. these clamps arent the spring type shown in the...
  8. wheel bearings/general questions

I do a ton of surf fishing here in va/nc and on a recent trip the other day onto the beach. I was traversing a stretch that was flooded due to the 7 inches of rain a few days beforehand. i was told the water wasnt too deep and proceeded through. its ocean water mind you. it was around 6 inches...
  9. 08 ranger 4.0 options

I cant find hardly anything as far as exhaust systems go for my 08 4 liter. anyone know if one for an 06-07 would fit, or do i need to wait till something comes out? just looking for a good sounding exhaust thatll help my truck exhale a lil easier & sound nice to boot. duals isnt mandatory.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad