• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by odeek9

1. Starter relay issue

bye
  2. Hard cranking

Let's see if I can explain this properly. When starting the engine there is a 1 second pause then one groaning crank as if it's really struggling to turn over, then it might do it a second time and then it turns over perfectly and starts. The battery seems OK with proper voltage (though on the...
  3. What is this part?

Found this hose hung up on another hose near the intake manifold and not attached to anything. The truck runs fine and doesn't seem to miss the part. But it must go somewhere. What is it? Thanks
  4. Mystery water loss

Hi-After owning this truck for 29-30 years one would think I wouldn't ask such a stupid question but here I am. Before I take it to a garage maybe someone can help me. Beginning a few days ago I began noticing the coolant level in the reservoir was going down about an inch each day...
  5. cowl leak

I'm sure that not only is this question in the wrong place but also that it's stupid. Oh well. There's a leak ending up on my floor board (beneath pedals) and originating from the cowl. I can't remove it & can't get inside of it to any degree. Here's the question: are the vents where the...
  6. Thermostat install-I think I fouled up

Hey, I put in a 160 thermostat a couple of months ago-I have a "thing" about heat and the damage done at times. The truck never ran over 175 but I'm an idiot. It ran too cold ie hesitation, stalling, and the heater was worthless-it's gotten relatively cold here. And I recently read...
  7. Engine temp

Hi, Engine always runs around 160-165. I have a thing about temperature so when it lately began to run consistently at 175 I began to worry-needlessly I'm sure, but worry is worry. If it matters in this case I recently did my annual OCD fueled comp. test and it was 190, 190, 195, 190...
  8. Trans. linkage

Deleted-I made the grievous error of misplacing my question!! My heartfelt apology
  9. in trouble-too lean

I'm kind of freaking. I'm 60 miles from home and have to get there. My gas mileage just dropped from 21 to 13mpg a few days ago. The truck is intermittenly cutting out. My little code reader is code 41=too lean. From reading I guess it's my MAF-just a guess. Is there anything that I can do...
  10. EGR nut removal

I believe my old EGR valve needs replacing, or cleaning or so I've been told. Have absolutely no knowledge when it comes to emission parts as I'm in a exempt area of Ca.. I don't want to create a major fiasco so here's what probably is a simple question; there's a 3/4" (approximation) tube...
  11. Parts to be installed with EGR valve replacement

I always feel guilty when asking a question yet I can never help anyone out with their issue. I'm not a user, just too ignorant to help. That said I have (& where can I place this data so it always shows when posting?) an '86 Ranger, 15,000 mi. on a new engine, 5 sp., efi, 2 wd, base...
  12. Mystery Gas Mileage

I'm perplexed:icon_confused: This may not be considered a problem but something must be wrong. !986 Ranger I've had for 27 years. 2.3L, EFI, gas, 5 speed. Rebuilt engine 3 years ago and only has about 15,000 miles on it. Runs great though it idles just a tad roughly. I believe it needs...
  13. Help locate air filter housing, please

Hi-First post so please forgive my lack of knowledge and forum rules. I have an '86 Ranger, 2.3L (10,000 mi. on Jasper rebuilt), 5 sp., 2WD and have owned it since it was but a year old and love it. I have a cracked air filter housing and have been sealing the darn thing for years. Why...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad