• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by OftenWrongNeverUncertain

1. 87 with starter issues

So, what would you change first, cables or starter?
  2. 87 with starter issues

Engine starts up just fine when cold. Let it warm up and shut it down, the starter is so slow it won't start the truck. Let it cool for 5 to 10 minutes and it starts up fine. No matter how long it runs for, after warming up the starter doesn't have the power to rotate the engine fast enough to...
  3. 87 ranger automatic high shift point

Ron, I have learned so much on this site from your posts. Thanks a lot for helping me, and all the others you have helped that in the end, wound up helping me lol.
  4. 87 ranger automatic high shift point

It was me. I was the problem. When I did the engine swap, I forgot about the trans to intake vacuum line. It shifts like new now! I really need someone to come take all my tools before I do something REALLY stupid lol.
  5. 87 ranger automatic high shift point

I dont have a tach, but I'm certain my 87 2.9 4x4 auto isn't supposed to ride 1st gear all the way to 44mph then shift into 2nd and ride that to 60 before hitting 3rd. And idk if there is an overdrive, if so, it don't work. Had it up to 75 and of never kicked in.
  6. 87 ranger push button 4x4 non op

I did not see a fuse spot for it in the under dash box. I don't have a fuse location under the hood. I did however notice my break lights don't work and with the requirements of the breaks to be on for the 4x4 to kick on, I'm hoping a new break light switch will fix two problems.
  7. 87 ranger push button 4x4 non op

I have zero experience with these. No clue how they work. I just know this one doesn't. In park, in neutrual, engine on, engine off, either button held for 10 seconds nothing happens. Where do I start my trouble shooting?
  8. 1987 v6 woes

Funny, I was certain it was MAF, but then again, I am often wrong.
  9. 1987 v6 woes

Whelp the fuel pump quit again. Following these instructions from this page ( THANKS RON!!! ) I found a bad relay, brown base. RonD , 02-24-2017 RF Veteran Fuel pump relay's coil gets 12volts with key on, but has no Ground so relay doesn't close That 12volts comes from EEC relay(brown base)...
  10. 1987 v6 woes

I replaced the MAF and it works now.
  11. 1987 v6 woes

Of course not lol
  12. 1987 v6 woes

Not yet, but thats next, soon as I find where it is.
  13. 1987 v6 woes

I just replaced the IAC and that made no difference. I DID notice if I allow the pump to prime 20 times before cranking that it will start, run for 2 seconds then shut off immediately. With that in mind I'd assume my previous thoughts were wrong. I'll rediagnose my fuel system, starting with...
  14. 1987 v6 woes

I have not. Reckon that's next.
  15. 1987 v6 woes

I've tried to pull codes. Even though I have a spot on the dash that says "Check Engine" it doesn't illuminate. My multimeter is digital so I need to buy a test light.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad