• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by OldRedB2_84

1. 4.0 swap question

Real soon when it warms up i am going to be finishing up my swap and i ran into a problem in my wiring. The donor vehicle is a 91 4 door explorer 4x4 auto, and the vehicle the engine is being swapped to is a 92 ranger 4x4 that was a 2.9 with a 5 speed. I used all of the engine bay wiring from...
  2. the rarely seen 27k mile GT......

Nice truck, glad to see that ford put a m5od in it factory!
  3. Clutch Question

Im on ebay looking at clutch kits and it says that there is two different clutches one for '90-'92 and '93-2000. Is this correct, will the 93-00 clutch not work on a '91? Thanks -Nick-
  4. Weird weather

Man, winter wont go out without a fight. Yesterday it snowed about 8 inches, and today i wake up to a nice sunny 80 degree day! Any one else having any wierd weather? -Nick-
  5. M5od I.D.

I have 2 m5ods and want to know what year they are, does any one know how to decode the data sticker? These are the numbers, 1st trans: E87A PF 143850, 2nd: F17A RA A143790. Thanks -Nick-
  6. question

I have had people tell me that having a new gear meshing with an old gear isnt good. The reason I ask is that my m5od needs a new input shaft and i need to know if thats true so i know whether to buy just the input shaft or all the gears, they all look good though. Thanks, -Nick-
  7. I know its not a good idea, but im curious.

Has any one ran a fm146 behind a 4.0? The reason i ask is because im sick of not being able to drive my ranger. I need a new input shaft for my m5od, and money is tight right now, so i thought about using the fm 146 for a little while till i can save up enough for my input shaft. What do you...
  8. What kind of m5od is this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-Truck-Parts-Accessories__FORD-THUNDERBIRD-M5R1-5-SPEED-TRANSMISSION-GOOD_W0QQitemZ140286506044QQadiZ2865QQadnZCarQ20Q26Q20TruckQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item140286506044&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparm...
  9. M5OD rebuild questions

I am rebuilding my m5od next week or whenever the rest of my parts get here and I need to find the torque specifications for all the bolts, does any one know where I can find them? What is the break in procedure after rebuilding a m5od? And what should i use for assembly lube? -Nick-
  10. Saving another RBV from the crusher today!

Going to go pick up a nice 90' Bronco 2 today with a blown a4ld for $300 I'll post pics of it when i get it. Heres some of my other saves 91' ranger ex-cab ($200) 84' Bronco 2 ($600) 91' Explorer w/ 55,000 original miles ($100) 92' Ranger ex-cab (free) I know, im an enthusiast :wub...
  11. c5 lost reverse

My c5 in my 84 b2 lost reverse, i backed out of my driveway (going to the store), it clunked hard and I kept reversing just fine then I came out of the conveinience store and no reverse. What the hell happened? -Nick-
  12. My new FREE ranger project!

Here's some pics of my newly aquired free ranger project It needs some work, like the motor swapped, I already pulled the 2.9/fm146 combo out, and i have a 55,000 mile 4.0 and a4ld to go in, dont worry the a4ld will be replaced with my m5od once its rebuilt, its got a real d35 not...
  13. Safari Pacific MX2 Build

looks good, ill be following too! It almost looks like you could put a extended-cab cab on it and modify it to flow with the wheel well lines.
  14. 4x2 to 4x4

Sorry if this isnt the right forum, i thought it would fit in here.I did search and i couldnt figure this out, will a 91' 4x4 explorer engine crossmember bolt to a 91' 2x4 ranger frame to convert it to 4x4? I have the ranger and the explorer and need to know so i can get my project started...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad