• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by oldyellr

1. Y-pipe for 4.0L V6

My son has a 1998 2WD 4.0L V6 Ranger. The exhaust has got a bit loud and he has an O2 sensor code. He took it to an exhaust shop and they found he needed a Y-pipe and cat, but they could not locate a y-pipe. Best they could do was fabricate one for about $800, which is a bit ridiculous. He won't...
  2. Lights stay on.

1998 Ranger 4.0 V6. Here's a strange one. My son drove to work this morning and parked ane went inside. A bit later someone told him his lights were on and they couldn't turn them off. He went out and started the truck, shut it off, lights were off and went inside. Lights on again, so he...
  3. Speedometer error

My son just got a set of alloy 15" wheels with 30" off-road style tires for his 1998 2wd Ranger that came with 14" wheels. I figure his speedometer would be reading 13% slow, so he'll actually have to stay within the posted speed limits to be safe. Can the computer be reprogrammed on these...
  4. Trailer lights screwy.

My son's 1998 Ranger had a trailer hitch ball on the bumper when he bought it recently, but no trailer wiring plug. We discovered it had been cut off and taped up behind the bumper. I found the cut off cable had 4 wires inside, which we identified as follows: Green - ground Dark with white...
  5. Spare Tire

Hi, I don't have a Ranger, but my son just bought a 1998 2WD 4L Supercab and we need a bit of help. I Googled this subject and even came across a thread on it here, but we're still confused. We tried to lower the spare tire, but the tool just turns and nothing happens. The tool is in sections...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad