• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by preston c

1. 2.9 ranger runs terrible

thank you, that could be it then
  2. 2.9 ranger runs terrible

i got it to operating temps and the code still showed up.
  3. 2.9 ranger runs terrible

okay thank you!
  4. 2.9 ranger runs terrible

No, it does not run the with the relays swapped. I’ve done the fuel pressure test while the truck was running and it tested to be great. I will check the leak test soon. I will look at the wires near the battery and check their connection. I’ve been tracing wires and found some under the...
  5. 2.9 ranger runs terrible

also i forgot to mention i switched the relays out and when i connected the other relay to fuel pump harness it wont even click. they seem to be the same relay too
  6. 2.9 ranger runs terrible

I've already changed the ECT sensor. I've tried checking the wiring and didn't see any thing but I'll look again.and I've checked how fast the pressure dropped too, and it tested okay. also does anyone know where all of the grounds are located?
  7. 2.9 ranger runs terrible

It backfires through the exhaust. What could I check within the ingtion module, how would I check leaky fuel?
  8. 2.9 ranger runs terrible

yes I have code 51, (ECT out of range)
  9. 2.9 ranger runs terrible

Okay, Ive tried to chase the fuel pump wiring and coolant temp wiring and I cant find any obvious issues. I will try the ecm thing also. I went to start the truck the other day to mess with it and all it does is back fire a lot and die. I'm wondering if the distributor could be out of timing...
  10. 2.9 ranger runs terrible

Yes, it’s the green relay from what i’ve read and test i’ve done it’s the fuel pump.
  11. 2.9 ranger runs terrible

okay thank you, I will check more on it tomorrow.Also forget to mention i fuel pressure tested it when it was clicking and it didn’t drop my pressure at all. Do you have any idea what the clicking would cause?
  12. 2.9 ranger runs terrible

I have a 2.9 5 speed ranger. I have made a prior post to this but didn't fix the truck.I stopped fooling with the truck for a while but I'm coming back to it. The truck has a low idle and will die after running for a while. When you give it throttle it misses really bad. Most of the time after...
  13. 1991 2.9 manual ranger rough idle and dies

I realized the relay was really corroded along with the connecter so i cleaned the corrosion and it hasn't clicked rapidly since, idk if that was a problem or just a coincidence. how could i test the injector problem?
  14. 1991 2.9 manual ranger rough idle and dies

I cleaned the connecter and relay because it had a lot of corrosion and now the relay only clicks once like it should now. The truck started and relay was fine too, the truck was a little hard to start but when it did it ran good four about 2 minutes then started sputtering and died again.How...
  15. 1991 2.9 manual ranger rough idle and dies

okay thank you! could this relay issue cause the problems i’m having? also i put connecter on ect and connected it and it didn’t fix the running conditions, but it took away code and check engine light. does it matter which wire goes to what or is just the resistance between the wires?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad