• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by qkcam

1. Front Sway Bar Stabilizer or possible ball joint issue .

no one.. after 20 years of chronic illness I am a good hermit ! lol. gosh my memory is SOO bad.. that was a just monday .. I believe that noise (video ) was to show the sound of the power steering pump when the wheels are being turned. the steering issue only happens on turns. and...
  2. Front Sway Bar Stabilizer or possible ball joint issue .

a stick will not work with moving parts!!! good one! lol!
  3. Front Sway Bar Stabilizer or possible ball joint issue .

Ok ! got it.. here is the youtube link. can anyone hear the "thud thud" from the right wheel? thanks! https://www.youtube.com/shorts/YBL-0rv8bxA
  4. Front Sway Bar Stabilizer or possible ball joint issue .

Lets see if I can find a place to upload it !..thank you!
  5. Front Sway Bar Stabilizer or possible ball joint issue .

I am back again! here's what I found out. I had someone turn the wheel and I listened. the pump is LOUD!~ also I felt for vibrations in the wheels.. which were there (not sure what that is about) I did notice on the right wheel as it was moving there was a "thump thump thump" sound. I...
  6. Front Sway Bar Stabilizer or possible ball joint issue .

This is very helpful! Hopefully I will be able to check it out in the next couple days! I dont have AC so that might make it easier to ID the pump :) thanks for the support!
  7. Front Sway Bar Stabilizer or possible ball joint issue .

I like this idea !! I dont know what I would be looking for? Is that belt supposed to turn when the wheel turns? This sounds like a good learning opportunity! thanks Josh B !
  8. Front Sway Bar Stabilizer or possible ball joint issue .

Thanks again for your support and encouragement. Looks like it's time to plan on spending some big bucks!
  9. Front Sway Bar Stabilizer or possible ball joint issue .

Question: is there any easy basic way I might be able to separate out if it is a ball joint , tie-rod or power steering pump ? it seemed to be more of an issue going to the left side than the right, ( I might be wrong about that ) I was really nervous to drive it much. it was fine...
  10. Front Sway Bar Stabilizer or possible ball joint issue .

I will be careful. Maybe I will have it towed in . Better safe than sorry. Or I drive surface streets slowly. I dont know a weekend mechanic.. but wondering if I can do it myself.
  11. Front Sway Bar Stabilizer or possible ball joint issue .

Hopefully I was able to get those sway bar ends on tight enough..they didnt' really squish down alot .. they did a little. ~~~~~~~~~~~~ the Shudder is still in the steering with turning the wheel It didn't resolve the steering issue. It is better however what I thought was ball joints I am...
  12. Front Sway Bar Stabilizer or possible ball joint issue .

I got everything all tightened up! I used a breaker bar on the stability bar bushings and that bar is NOT moving . crunched down on the sway bar end bushings..(it did feel like forever ) and I used the breaker bar on those too. I gave it a few drives around the block.. 1. The clunk is...
  13. Front Sway Bar Stabilizer or possible ball joint issue .

Thats great a ceiling fan extension!! perfect fit! I have a pipe from a workout bench that fits. it works in a pinch! How do I measure the torque when tightening those stabilizer bar bushings? I am looking forward to finishing up today! thanks everyone!
  14. Front Sway Bar Stabilizer or possible ball joint issue .

I was able to squeeze under the truck..actually there was plenty of room even parked on the street. Had medical appts today so I haven't yet had a chance to tighten everything down. I am still going to take it n to have an inspection on the suspension and steering. Good thing i replaced...
  15. Front Sway Bar Stabilizer or possible ball joint issue .

oh! I did put the new bushings on. when tightening the bracket around bushings how much up and down movement should there be on the stabilizer bar? thanks!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad