• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by rangerbert

1. wax removal

I was wondering what was good to remove the old wax on my truck. I've heard dawn dish soap but that will eat away at the clear coat. I wanted to strip off the old layer of wax and start over.
  2. Billet Grille Open top or Closed top

Well I'm thinking about getting a billet grille. I've been doing some looking and I was wondering what is meant by the open top and the closed top. I know that the open top theres no cutting required and the closed top cutting is required. How can I tell if I have an open top or a closed top.
  3. Shock Information

Ok guy this spring I'm gonna change my shocks. But I don't know which one are best one to get the Bilsteins or the Ranchos. I'd like to get as much information on these as possible.
  4. ABS Problem Fixed

The problem I was having with my ABS was when I would apply the brakes the ABS was kicking in on dry pavement. Well I took it to my mechanic and he checked it out with the computer. The computer said driver side speed sensor was bad. Well I waited til I got the money saved up to have this fixed...
  5. Need Help Water Leaking into Cab

I have a problem with water leaking into the cab. It's coming in from the top of the rear window or somewhere close havent pinpointed it yet. I've read on here before or maybe another site that the 3rd brakes light was the problem. I don't remember what to do to fix the problem. Can anyone give...
  6. ABS System messin up.

I have a problem with my brakes. When I go to press the brake pedal the ABS system kick on and its dry pavement outside. This is occurring on a regular basis. I don't have any ABS lights coming on either. Anybody have any ideas what is causing this and what I can do to fix it cheap. Thanks in...
  7. What is the Spark Plug Gap for Fine Wire plugs

Ok I recently bought some motorcraft finewire plugs for my 2002 4.0 ranger. I was wondering if the plug gap for fine wire plugs the same as regular plugs. If they are different does anyone know what the gap should be for the fine wire plugs. Thanks in advance.
  8. Trouble Starting at First

Ok I have a 2002 XLT 4.0 my problem is when I go out and try to start my truck after sitting awhile or first thing in the morning. I have a hard time getting it to start. I put the key when I turn it to start it take a few more seconds than normal for it to start. If I back off and try the to...
  9. Confused about Seafoam in Engine

Okay Guys I'm wondering why is alot of people on here use seafoam through the vaccum brake booster. Or I think thats where it's being used at. It seems to me that every time someone does this they always have worse problems afterwards. If I remember correctly the seafoam is to be put in a full...
  10. Loud popping noise on driver's side

Ok The other day I was leaving and I heard this loud popping noise come from somewhere on the drivers side. This was first thing in the morning. It also did it today when I left school to come home it did it then. This is not a problem that is happeening alot. I haven't been able to pin point...
  11. Different Kind of MAF Question

I have been on this site many times, reading the different problems people have with their Rangers and have read some of the responses. I have a different kind of MAF question regarding the cleaning the MAF. I have read what to use when cleaning the MAF. The cleaner thats specifically for...
  12. Engine Hiccup

I have a problem when I'm going about 50-55 mph I notice like a hiccup/surge. I don't loose any speed or RPM's I it kinda stumbling while going down the road. I have a 2002 Ranger XLT extended cab. with 52,000 miles on it. I've had the plugs changed. The c e l doesn't come on either. It has...
  13. Engine Surge

I'm experiencing an engine surge when I'm going about 50-55 mph I don't loose power the RPM's don't drop or any thing. I can feel it whan it happens.I have a 2002 4.0 v6 extended cab with 52,000 miles on it. I bought it about a year and half ago. I notice this problem shortly after I bought it...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad