• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Rangersblenger

1. 2.3L ('83-'97) High Idle, and attempted cat theft.

I also failed to mention that there's a loud rattle coming from the catalytic converter. Does this mean that it's time to replace it? Are these issues connected?
  2. 2.3L ('83-'97) High Idle, and attempted cat theft.

Thank you for the help Ron. I disconnected the IAC valve and there was no change to the idle. I the sprayed around the intake, IAC, EGR area and nothing happened. I almost emptied the soapy water spraying it. Is there another test I can try?
  3. 2.3L ('83-'97) High Idle, and attempted cat theft.

Hi guys. So my 93' 2.3, 2wd ranger didn't pass emissions, high Idle. I started getting code 172, lean bank 1 on and off a week before. I had previously changed my o2 sensor because of the same code almost a year prior. I also started getting strong exhaust smell outside the truck around 3...
  4. Truck won't start with spout connected.

So i got a 93 ranger 2.3 single cam. The truck came with some hard idleness and a "kill switch" spliced to the pink wire on the spout connector. I splice the original wire to the spout back on and removed the "kill switch". I figured starting a factory will help me figure it out but i found that...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad