• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by rebel ranger

1. rebel ranger

First gen blues. 87 2.9

Ok, got it going, thanks again for all the input. I could have taken the lazy way out and followed my first instinct when I figured the EEC was shot from the symptoms it was showing. But then we wouldn't have had all this fun and drama.... :ROFLMAO: Anyway, I pulled the cover off the brain box...
  2. rebel ranger

First gen blues. 87 2.9

I went and looked, there is a wire there, so that has to be pin #20, the ground for the fuel pump relay. The reason I asked earlier is because that picture is of the connector, not the computer. That makes all the pin numbers inverted on the computer as compared to the connector. Make sense...
  3. rebel ranger

First gen blues. 87 2.9

RonD, can you look at the picture I posted of the busted pin, and the picture on the first link you send me for the pin out and tell me what # pin pulled out of my computer?
  4. rebel ranger

First gen blues. 87 2.9

Depending on what configuration the photo is in on that page, the pin that came out of my computer is either #1, (not used), or #20 (case ground).
  5. rebel ranger

First gen blues. 87 2.9

Correctomundo!! I plugged it in to see if the fuel pump relay and pump buzzed up, it did!! Yay. So of course, I had to try it. It fired up, but it was running rough like the timing was way off, so I turned it off after it ran a second like that. Fuel pump worked with it though, so that tells me...
  6. rebel ranger

First gen blues. 87 2.9

Ok, this is what I got when I pulled the plug in connector out of the puter box. Where do I find a pin out for this computer? I see a bit of green corrosion around the base of that pin that came out of the bulkhead connector.
  7. rebel ranger

First gen blues. 87 2.9

10-4, thanks PJunkie. The only tags on the computer are in the pic I posted when I started the thread Wednesday. Is that not what you are looking for? I put that in there just for that purpose, in case there is someone in here that just happens to have one of these puppies. :D Rusty Is this...
  8. rebel ranger

First gen blues. 87 2.9

You are RIGHT, bruddah!! I sure hated to see this one bite the dust when I have been jump starting off of it for the last 20 years. And yep, the cables were on the right posts. ;) Just one of those things I reckon.
  9. rebel ranger

First gen blues. 87 2.9

It's not the gravity switch. It's the EEC not grounding the fuel pump relay. I see several other Ford EECs that have a long list of vehicles that they will operate with 2.3, up to V8s. I have not experienced it personally, but I have seen the listings.
  10. rebel ranger

First gen blues. 87 2.9

Thanks for the reply. Check above post, it fires up and runs like it always did with the test plug grounded. It's manual.
  11. rebel ranger

First gen blues. 87 2.9

Yessir, thanks for the reply. I checked fusible links before, getting battery voltage on both sides of links, and voltage to the relay(yellow wire) plug. The ground was something I had forgotten, as I went through something similar with my '88 years and years ago. Getting older and forgetting...
  12. rebel ranger

First gen blues. 87 2.9

Yes, that's the first thing I did, it will fire up with a shot of fuel. I replaced the two relays with two off my '88 2.3 Ranger, still no relay click. That's not to say those two relays off the '88 are working because it has been a while since that truck has been run. Would the ECU out of the...
  13. rebel ranger

First gen blues. 87 2.9

Inertia switch is bypassed.
  14. rebel ranger

First gen blues. 87 2.9

Yes, there is spark. If you read post #5 where I say it actually started the first time I turned it over after it initially went dead, like it burned the last bit of fuel out of the fuel rails. Then no firing up, but it spins over great, and there is fire at the plugs. No fuel pump relay click...
  15. rebel ranger

First gen blues. 87 2.9

These are the guys that know ECUs?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad