• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by redjmp

1. 97 4.0 backfires

My 4.0 started to run a little rough at idle about a year ago but not too bad. Changed plugs, and filters, the IAC, and cleaned the map sensor with no results :( Then it started to stumble occasionally under load a few months ago and progressively has gotten worse to the point of backfiring...
  2. Dana 35 TTB strange noise

Hi everybody! I have a 97 ranger 4.0L with a Dana 35 TTB. As the steering wheel is turned, a progressively louder noise can be heard. It really sounds like gears that aren't meshing is the best I can describe it. It is not a grinding or screeching but a rubbing, not so metallic as to sound...
  3. What sounds like tread noise when cornering one direction?

My 97 xlt 4.0 drives and handles fine but I have noticed since I put new rear tires on and rotated the old rears to the front that there seems to be excessive tread noise only when cornering, even slightly but from only one side. After a half hour of driving or so, the noise starts coming from...
  4. Loud thunk every 100 feet in 4wd

My 97 xlt 4.0 seems to engage into 4wd just fine in the snow but if I'm driving on a wet road and engage 4wd, I get a very loud thud every 100 feet or so and the cab visible seems to drop and inch or 3... It really feels like it is the drivers side making the noise... Any ideas folks?
  5. Strange humming noise.

It is constant in level increasing in pitch only slightly when revving. Only shows up in hot weather after restarting a hot engine. Goes away after driving for 5 or 10 minutes. It is the same pitch as the " HOO HOO's" in the Stones' "Sympathy For The Devil"
  6. Help Identify this part please.

This is leaking coolant from the shaft but only when the vacuum line is hooked up. Not too sure what it is or what it does but it seems to be a coolant valve for the heater core. Is this part available aftermarket or is it a dealer only item?.
  7. Excessive Battery Terminal Corrosion

My 97 4.0l xlt shows too much corrosion on the negative terminal. So much so that it has eaten through the stock clamp. I have replaced the clamp with a standard type made of lead and now after just 3 weeks the connection of the old ground strap has failed due to too much corrosion. The...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad