• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by rich060685

1. Fuel regulator issue

My truck broke down on the way home from work and seemed to be getting no fuel. I tested the pressure and got 0. When testing the schrader valve it had no fuel in the rail. There is fuel going into the regulator and much pressure. I figured the regulator was bad and have since bought 2 to try...
  2. Need Spark Order

I have a 98 ranger 4.0 that my brother took the plug wires off of and they got mixed up. I need to know the order to hook them back up correctly if any know a diagram. Thanks in advance.
  3. Hard running and stalling???

I had my '98 Ranger running perfect after putting alot of time and repairs into it. Recently it had some issues where it was stalling out going downhill. I replaced the fuel pump and filter and put some fuel treatment in the tank. The stalling seemed to stop and it ran excellent for months. In...
  4. Need a hand with a part name

I'm trying to find out what this part is called? Also, If anyone can tell me and possible where I can buy it if an autoparts doesn't supply it i'd much appreciate it. The forked end piece which spaces the brake shoes.
  5. Power loss up and down hill???

Recently I had lost power when going up and down hills. I have replaced the fuel filter and fuel pump but it was neither of them. I'm not sure where the relays are located if this can even be the issue. As long as the truck is sitting or driving on a flat surface it runs great. But after a bit...
  6. Power Windows just stopped

I have a 98 ranger ext. cab 4 door 4wd 4.0 auto. I ran the truck yesterday and the windows worked fine. I thought it was the switch but also the passenger door switch didn't work to. I couldn't imagine both stopping at the exact same time. I changed the fuses under the hood and in the dash but...
  7. fuel pump option??

I have my truck stuck on the side of the road with running issues. It runs fine if I go slow or it is in neutral. When the rpm's rise the truck shut down. I had a 93 last year with a bad frame and I stripped it down and scrapped it. The question I have now since i'm told that this is most...
  8. 4.0 Engine question

I have a 4.0 from a 1993 Ranger that I am selling. A guy emailed me and asked if it would fit a 99 ranger. I know the transmissions were different between the years and such. I'm not however sure if the engines have and dramatic changes that would cause it not to fit his ranger. Sorry if this...
  9. hub assembly replacement question

When replacing the hub assembly on a 1998 ranger, there are 2 items inside the assemble on the spline of the axle. (1) A plastic or nylon snap ring (2) a coil like spring i'd assume almost like a key ring. My question is do I really need this key ring like spring or will the snap ring alone be...
  10. Identification Problem

I have a transmission here that was said to be a A4LD but i'm not 100% certain. I have the tag numbers: 93GT RAA 1 02 M 2 I have been searching online for 2 days and cannot figure how to identify what transmission this is. A buyer is lined up for Saturday but only if it is the A4LD or...
  11. 98 ranger ext. cab grinding in front end.

I am driving this truck and it grinds horribly all the time. We have checked the hub assembly and it seems fine. Not to sure if a upper ball joint would make this insane grinding noise or not but it does need changed. Was kind of looking at the cv axle but I have read that it would make more...
  12. 1998 Ranger ext. cab door stuck

As title says the doors won't open due to what i'm assuming is the latches are stuck. Does anyone know of a way to pop the latch or a way to get inside the panel while the door is closed? One door is loose so my dome light is on non stop and I had to remove the bulb to keep it off.
  13. Help, I broke my truck

use the acct given above: acct: tech pw:tech look here: =root%2Fmrt%2Fsit%2Fp5_diagrams"]http://arrc.ebscohost.com/searches?car_uuid=1315103&filters[service_information_type_path_facet]=root%2Fmrt%2Fsit%2Fp5_diagrams has tons of diagrams and thats all for 2.5l 1998 ranger on left side selection.
  14. Squealing noise on start-up

I know this isn't a major issue or anything but, I have bought a 98 ranger recently and all is great with it except when i start it up right at the verge of firing up it squeals extremely loud and is annoying. Anyone have any idea what it is and how to stop it? It almost sounds like a belt...
  15. Ignition Lock Cylinder

I have a Parts truck (1993 Ranger XLT reg cab) and have just bought a new project (1998 Ranger XLT ext cab) the '93 has 1 key fits all and the '98 oddly enough has seperate keys. I don't want to buy a setup for the '98 if I can use the one from the '93. So my question is does anyone know if the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad