• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by sandness

1. 96 XL cheap install

I decided to order a Skar IX-8 anyway. Here it is beside the Logitech sub- pretty similar dimensions. That fit perfectly. I just had to trim some plastic for it to fit. It was a great fit behind the seat. It is 29" wide x 12.75" tall x 4" top depth x 8" bottom depth. It has a net volume of...
  2. 96 XL cheap install

It turns out I had nothing to worry about. I set the router to about 18k rpm's and it went fine. I proceeded to round over all the box edges too.
  3. 96 XL cheap install

I think I'll test another piece of PVC to see how it behaves. I used a file and sandpaper on the other end of the port inside the box. Hopefully the test goes well as the router would make a perfect round over in 10 sec...
  4. 96 XL cheap install

I finally had time this weekend to work on a sub box. Keeping up with my cheap theme, I am building it from 1/2" OSB scraps I already have. I have previously only used MDF, plywood and fiberglass for box building, so I wasn't thrilled at the idea. But I had to remind myself that it is just a...
  5. 97 XLT 4.0 5 SPEED RADIO

As for the retention clips, I had a similar issue with a new "non-name brand" deck. I pulled out the radio and bent the clips way in so when I slid the radio back in, it held tighter.
  6. 96 XL cheap install

I recently purchased a 96 Ranger absolute base model from a gentleman retiring at work for $350. Since that's basically scrap price, I couldn't turn it down. Being the base model, it didn't have a factory radio. The guy I bought it from put in a Pioneer CD player from the 90's and 2 JL 6x9's...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad