• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by slammer67

1. slammer67

D44 nondisconnect?

I have a f100 axle and it's 60", but I think it's older that '67, it's a 28 spline my waggy front is 61" If your looking at 8.8's, get an explorer rear axle with disc brakes - and the're 31 spline I think the 9" is slightly stronger that the 8.8, but both can be had with 28 or 31 splines...
  2. slammer67

D44 nondisconnect?

the waggy axles without vacuum disconnect are the desirable ones for your SAS, except that they are six-lug, but that can be changed easily. that's what I'm running in mine You have an electric bw1354 with no motor - are you shifting it by hand?
  3. slammer67

waggy d44 from leaf sprung to coil sprung?

sure, there are lots of coilover builds here look in the extreme suspension, non-ranger axles, and rbv under construction forums for SAS projects. you could also check out explorerforum.com - there's lots of SAS builds over there explorers and rangers are very similar.
  4. slammer67

sorry I thought you wanted leafs no, the coil mounts will be further out there's plenty of SAS builds on here, just check out every one using waggy axle and coils to get ideas. then you just have to decide if you want a radius arm type setup, 3-link or four link
  5. slammer67

it does take some work to leaf springs on top of the axle, but it's not that hard. you need to do some cutting and grinding on the housing to make room for the leaf perches. and youll need to use a welding rod made for welding cast steel 'cause the drivers perch will be on the housing and not...
  6. slammer67

It's not all that hard to convert a waggy 44 to coil spring. It would be alot easier than converting the EB axle to leaf - 'cause of the radius arm wedges. My waggy axle was converted to a 3-link/coil setup by a previous owner, I have since converted it back to leaf - spring over this time...
  7. slammer67

D44 driveline mating

when I swapped my waggy 44/ford 9", the driveshafts bolted up to the axles - both were 1310 size. but of course, thats a jeep 44. I believe the pinion yoke will swap from a low pin d44 to a high pinion, but not sure. there are also some tyes of conversion u-joints i.e. 1310 to 1330, etc, not...
  8. slammer67

5.13s VS 5.14s

that's true, lower number is a higher gear, so you'd have higher gears (slighty) in the front. Mud racers do it all the time - put higher gears in the front to get more wheel speed, they say it helps keep the truck going straight and keeps the back end from wanting to pass up the front.
  9. slammer67

5.13s VS 5.14s

you'll have no problems, plus in winter, the snow will allow slippage between the front and rear. The only time I'd see a problem is if you were in 4wd on dry pavement, it might bind up, but you'd have no reason to be in 4wd in dry pavement unless you just forgot to take it out. I've seen...
  10. slammer67

Super Dana 30/Hybrid Dana30.44/Dana 44hp/Dana44lp which option?

I hope you took pics of the axle build
  11. slammer67

you have a dana 30 narrowed? most like going wider with bigger tires, hence all the full width builds. I was thinking my narrow waggy axle was like 60", but your probably right on your research, it's been awhile. The wider you go, the less you have to worry about leaf spring spacing, I can see...
  12. slammer67

I'm using a waggy axle, I believe it's slightly wider than EB. Here's a pic of my leaf mount and here but my leaf spacing is 29.5" (I think), which should be smaller than the yj stock, but my mounts aren't under the frame, there about 1/2 way under. I could probably move the leaf mounts in...
  13. slammer67

SAS Driveshaft Q's

i'm using my stock front and rear driveshafts on my 95 with a waggy 44 and ford 9 swap. All had the 1310 size joint
  14. slammer67

alignment after sas

they'll go by the specs of whatever axle you put in there, so you'll ned to know what the axle came out of. You might ask around to get a good alignment place, some wont do solid axles or anything not stock, it's good to have a place you can trust. I've taken all my rigs for the last ten years...
  15. slammer67

8.8/D44 Hybrid Build Thread...w/PIC's

sweet this is gonna be way cool. keep the pics coming any idea on the cost of resplining?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad