• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Slowly but surely

1. Slowly but surely

Thanks for Letting me join "the club"

Funny you mention pics, I realized when finished the bulk of work and had the "new to me" box on and cap back on that I never took any good "before" pics to show the diff. Lesson learned I guess. I could never have a youtube channel because I am always way too pressed for time when I get a...
  2. Slowly but surely

Weight Limits/Ratings Stock Rims (D-Style)

Hmmm, makes you wonder eh. I almost regret taking a closer look at rim weight limits because there is VERY little info out there. Judging by what specs most sites offer that I have looked at all that matters is appearance, offset and bore size. Safety schmafety I guess. ha ha
  3. Slowly but surely

Now this is apples vs oranges example but def proves that it doesn't have anything to do with bolt pattern. All these 15" rims don't "look" any beefier or stronger than 15" rims for Ranger , Explorer etc and they all are 5 by 4 1/2" bolt pattern. Yet they are all rated for 2150lbs each. They...
  4. Slowly but surely

I agree with you totally, and I have no expectation of them being rated any higher than the bare minimum to be legal on the Ranger. But that said I find it odd that there is nothing stamped on rims anywhere that could verify it's limit. Tires are required to have this and with the huge market...
  5. Slowly but surely

Oh for sure Tire specs are equally important, but I can get tire info on any tire in 30 seconds and ensure they have adequate load rating etc. But putting a tire rated for 3500lbs on a rim rated for 1500lbs is no better than putting a tire rated for 1500lbs on a rim rated for 3500lbs. The...
  6. Slowly but surely

Just wondering if anyone has a link or some form of real spec on max load of the stock 15 x7 "D-Style" double spoke rims on Ranger. Mine are from my 07' but rims were used on 2000-2011 models. I looked around on this site and read the wheel info guide someone posted , also checked various sites...
  7. Slowly but surely

Thanks for Letting me join "the club"

Good afternoon , Already have found some great tips off this site. New to Rangers and Ford actually. Kids now driving and my cheap little commuter car is always gone now so needed a cheap "Dadmobile" for getting to work and stuff and I found a 2007 Ranger 3.0 Sport 2wd 5 spd. Was in so-so...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad