• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by slvr00gt

1. 98 4.0 Running rough at cold start

Truck idles rough for a minute or two after cold start. Idle RPM goes over 1000 and stays consistent, but engine vibrates noticeably. When I give it a gas, engine hesitates for a second, spins up and vibration usually goes away. It runs fine from then onwards. Any suggestions?
  2. Valve cover gasket bolts loose

I finally got around this weekend to fix leaking valve cover gaskets and found that the reason for leaking gasket were loose bolts. Head gasket in the truck was replaced before I bought it a few years ago. Mechanic at that time used cork based valve cover gasket. Is it possible that cork...
  3. '00-'04 Warner 1354 w/o "shift on the fly"

I am looking for the new transfer case for my 98 ranger 4.0l. The transfer case article below says that only difference between '98-'00 and '00-'04 is "shift on the fly". What does it mean in application to the t-case? Is it interchangeable with my ranger? I thought "shift on the fly" only...
  4. RABS self-checks ok, but wheels lock up

RABS on my 98 ranger 4x4 passes key-in self check fine and lamp switches off but ABS doesn't work and wheels lock up on ice I replaced rear sensor and even swapped ABS comp that I got cheap at the yard. I ringed the wires between sensor, computer and ABS valve. Everything seems ok. I still...
  5. Swap 4wd 5r55e tranny from 2001+ to 1998 ranger: DONE

In the thread below, I was trying to find out whether it was possible to swap newer 5r55e into my 1998 truck. It is possible. I had done it and found somebody else who had done the same http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/91...geability.html Below,see email thread from Gino, another guy who had...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad