• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by smoker_xr

1. 91 2.3L Ranger cranks, won't start

Hello, I have a mystery on my 91 Ford Ranger XLT, 2.3L, 5 speed, 118,000 miles. Turn the key to On, I can hear a relay or two click, hit the starter, engine turns over strongly, no hint of ignition. Sometimes my son gets in it, and it starts no problems. He can drive it for a couple of...
  2. Back left spark plugs tips for 2.3L?

Any tips on how to get to the back two spark plugs on the left (driver's) side of a 2.3L? Do I take off the Throttle Body Injection piece, the TBI to intake manifold adapter, something else? Ken 91 Ranger XLT with 2.3L, 5 spd manual
  3. Best wiring schematics: service manual or body/electrical troubleshooting guide?

Would you please give me a comparison of the difference between the factory service manual, and the factory body/electrical troubleshooting guide? I already have the Haynes manual for my '91 Ranger XLT, and it does not have complete schematics, to the details that I am looking for. Thanks, Ken
  4. no coolling, cycling pressure values

The refill kit "blue" gauge shows my pressure go up to 45 psi, something clicks, then it goes down to 25 psi (these are the upper and lower limits of the green range on the gauge). Air temperature coming out of the center vent is outside air temp. The time for each is about the same...
  5. 2.3 oil pump replace tips?

Any tips for removing and replacing the oil pump for the 2.3 in my 91 XLT Ranger? I have my Ranger up on ramps from where I pressure washed most of the grime off of the bottom. Is this one of the ones with a four piece oil pan gasket, or just the one piece? My Clymer manual says I have to...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad