• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Sour Grapes

1. Sour Grapes

Code and Stumbling

I picked up a 2004 Mazda B3000 2WD on Sunday with my girlfriend. Very nice truck; ran great and super sharp looking. I drove it 1.5 hours home with no issues at all. Today, however, I drove it 40 min away to my buddy's house so he could help put my hitch and tonneau cover on, and the check...
  2. Sour Grapes

driveshaft

i cant get the bloody thing out. maybe im doing it wrong? i have everything needed apart, but i cannot for the life of me get the bolts loose on the front of the differential. I used an 18v impact, a 28v impact AND a pneumatic impact but it wouldnt budge. I then tried the old fashioned way, and...
  3. Sour Grapes

Dump Trailer

Any chance one of you guys/gals have built your own dump trailer? Or should i just suck it up and buy one? I just want a small trailer to save time when I go to the dump when my construction business gets going. I have a 10' single axle trailer with a gate (nice for moving and loading the lawn...
  4. Sour Grapes

air in hydraulic system

93 4.0L Ranger 5spd recently replaced transmission, brand new clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing and slave cylinder. seems like the system has air in it. the clutch engages real low to the floor and the pedal feels weak. how do i go about "gravity bleeding" the clutch system? I watched the...
  5. Sour Grapes

oil in intake

my truck leaks oil like a freakin sieve. today, i started ripping into it, because it is the valve cover gaskets leaking. I found an odd amount of engine oil (precious synthetic, i may add) coating the throttle body, throttle plate and a good portion of the upper intake plenum. Should i be...
  6. Sour Grapes

light issue

so i noticed that my corner lights come on when i touch my brake pedal. is this a grounding issue? what should i look for, and where? any direction is helpful.
  7. Sour Grapes

no start/rough start issue

:annoyed: last night at about 9:15PM, i shut my truck off. Went to restart it, and it wouldnt reach RPM above 500. It then died. After three unsuccessful attempts i had to push-start it, where it fired up no problem. i then drove to walmart and came back out, where once again it turned over...
  8. Sour Grapes

clutch disc!

quick one here..i have a clutch disc out of an 89 ranger with a 2.9L out of it..its the smaller friction disc (I believe the 8 7/8" disc). Is it the same as a clutch for a 96 2.3L? I know the 4.0L has the 9 7/8" disc... quick response would be great..thanks! :icon_confused:
  9. Sour Grapes

Falling Leafs

Can anyone tell me how to add a leaf in the rear suspension? i want to raise the rear up as i'm going to be hauling a trailer and decent-sized loads in the bed. I looked in the tech library earlier but it was rather confusing. Any insight would be helpful... I'd like to know what kind of leafs...
  10. Sour Grapes

Tranny Re and Re

i bought my 93 3.0L ranger ext cab 2WD for $500 knowing that it needed at least a clutch. My step-dad ripped out the tranny and we found that the tranny should be replaced. I picked one up for $300 including all the hydraulics (clutch has less than 20,000km on it; tranny has less than 150,000 km...
  11. Sour Grapes

Newbie from ontario!

new/old dude here...use to be FastFords; after almost 2 years without a ranger, i got another one!!!!!!!!:headbang::headbang::headbang: glad to be back

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad