• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by StephenF

1. StephenF

Wanted Air cleaner housing for 84/85 2.8L

Looking for a factory air cleaner housing that will fit a 2.8L in 84 Ranger. PM me to price and setup pickup/shipping.
  2. StephenF

85 Ranger 4x4 build project

Yeah, did a lot of research about it when I first got the truck. Find a few threads here and there, but no real info or photos.
  3. StephenF

Already has 4 inch body lift. Also looking at electric fan mounting options for a little added space up front. Of course, until I start putting it in place and actually seeing what is happening I have no clue exactly what is going to be needed. Not opposed to a little cab fabrication also if it...
  4. StephenF

I have the 85 4x4 from my welcome post and a 84 RWD that have had parts switched around. To start the project off I picked up a 83 300 from a 2WD F-100. Got the non-plastic radiator with it and checking on a T-18/19 transmission for it as well. Have to work on a 15 Tahoe before I get to tackle...
  5. StephenF

TRS Event TRS 2023 Fall Adventure - Land Between The Lakes

Man, just seeing these early post have me wishing I was there. To busy this weekend, but hopefully next year. Should have my project up and running by then.
  6. StephenF

First time Ranger owner

Welcome neighbor. Personally not a fan of the wheels, but as long as you like them well done. Maybe if you can get a Ford center piece instead of the Mustang it would look better in my opinion.
  7. StephenF

Hi fellow Ranger fans! Long time reader, first time posting

We had only planned on staying for one full day. Ended up staying almost a week. Going to go back sometime and see more of the area.
  8. StephenF

Hi fellow Ranger fans! Long time reader, first time posting

Welcome to the forum. Uncle Gump, I was in the St. Joseph, MI area on vacation last week. Beautiful area up there.
  9. StephenF

Hello from sunny St. Pete FL!

Welcome, that is a lofty goal. Not saying it is impossible, but it will take some time and lots of maintenance.
  10. StephenF

Dana 28 to 35 conversion steering linkage

I am assuming the steering components between these two axles are different. Would like to improve the steering, but willing to wait until it is converted if they are different.
  11. StephenF

Ring and Pinion availability

Yeah, hoping that the 4" body lift and going to an electric fan will help some.
  12. StephenF

96 Ranger Dana 35 NO GEAR LUBE :(

A little late here, but did you figure out the issue? That kit would fix a bearing issue, but not if it is a gear issue. Only way to know is to open it up.
  13. StephenF

Should be picking up the engine Saturday. Then I just need to clean up my work area so I can pull the 2.8L out and see what I need to do to make it fit.
  14. StephenF

I am putting a 300 in place of the 2.8L. So turning them shouldn't be an issue.
  15. StephenF

31's are the minimum I want to go. I'm probably going to start with 33's once everything is swapped. Since I just put new tires on it, it will be a bit before I change them unless I end up getting the '84 2wd going and use them on it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad