• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by t120r

1. DIYAUTOTUNE Coupons

Hey guys, DIYAutotune is having a promotion. If they hit a certain amount of likes on Facebook, they will be giving coupons to those who liked it. If they hit the magic number, it will be a 25% discount. Anyone who's into wiring/EFI jobs like me will love that. Even if you never touch wires...
  2. eb question

I have a D30, 2 of my friends have a couple of them. I am the only one with the D30 still in their Bronco cause I don't drive it. BOTH my friends have destroyed the D30s in Toronto. Now I know you probably aren't familiar with Toronto, but it is a city. They used the D30 for driving in the...
  3. eb question

I'm sure people know ways to do an SAS cheaper than I can, but let me give you a breakdown of what I can remember needing for my D44 swap and what it cost: Axle/radius arms/mounts/springs - $400 Spring buckets from JBG - $150 Bushings - $60 Track bar drop bracket - $50 DOM steel, Johnny...
  4. eb question

Almost 1000lb difference between an EB and a Ranger. EB is nose heavy as well. Lots of strain on that little D30 if you play with it. Mine might see snow, so I'm not overly concerned about it. I would never bother putting anything smaller than a D44 in a Ranger. I don't see the point. A...
  5. Dana 35 knuckles on Dana 30

To go from a D35 TTB to a Jeep D30, you don't gain anything. In fact you lose as the solid axle doesn't ride or handle as nice. My 1990 Ranger rode like a caddy, really nice. Then I did the sas and it doesn't feel near so good. Other SASed rigs I've been in have been the same. But...
  6. eb question

That's a beautiful EB.
  7. eb question

Yep. My 170, 3-speed with 225/75-15s aren't gonna bother that D30.:) But to go through the work and expense of an SAS with a D30 boggles my mind. A real waste. If I had to do it all over, I dunno if I would have even gone as small as a D44.
  8. Dana 35 knuckles on Dana 30

There is a benefit to doing an SAS with a D30. WHEN it breaks, putting in a D44 is easy. I have a FW '79 D44 in my '90 Ranger and it looks like a beefy unit... Until you look at the axle shafts. I can't imagine anything smaller on a RBV.
  9. eb question

You are right, a D30 is a turd. But, my '66 EB has just 42000 on the odometer and everything is original, except the tires. I took those off a few months back. Dryrot was an understatement. I have no intentions of offroading this truck at all. It will be used for a DD or driving around...
  10. eb question

So I did a little research on classicbroncos.com and there is a disc conversion for the D30. It's done by using parts from a '72 to '76 K-5 blazer 4x4 or K-10 4x4 pickup with the SMALL INNER BEARING that measures 1.78" instead of 2". How a balljoint and a kingpin are interchangeable I dunno...
  11. eb question

Well, I had to go look. What do you know... My EB is a kingpin... Weird that the knuckles are interchangeable with a D44 though. I was debating a set of reid racing knuckles for it and they told me it's almost a bolt on.
  12. eb question

My '66 has a balljoint D30. Its all original.
  13. 2.9L Bellhousing

Anyone have a drawing of a 2.9L bellhousing pattern? I'm thinking of making an adapter plate for my 2.9--> BBF ZF. If I've got the ZF installed it just means less work for the big block swap.
  14. ford 9 inch locker question

Mine is only noticeable going around turns. But mine is an auto. I am converting to a standard tranny soon, so I would imagine that the manners will change then.
  15. ford 9 inch locker question

My detroit locker used 3.50s, then 3.73s and now 4.11s. Put what you want on there.:) Just let me know how loud it is on turns. My Detroit makes people look at my truck like something is falling off. I don't want a soft locker, but might consider a Yukon if it's not so loud.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad