• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by tdw41483

1. tdw41483

carberated 5.0 swap

Ya, plan on keeping the fuel pump circuit operating as designed with both the inertia switch and positive oil pressure. In my other hot rod (that the engine was plucked out of) I had wired up the aftermarket fuel pump to turn on with the key on not knowing any better. Now realize how dumb that was.
  2. tdw41483

carberated 5.0 swap

Have yet to look, but does the 302 come with multiple spots for oil pressure sensors to be hooked up? Or will I need to make a manifold of some sort? Would like the true oil pressure sensor for the aftermarket gauges, and then the safety switch (original "dummy light" oil pressure gauge in...
  3. tdw41483

carberated 5.0 swap

Thanks for the quick reply! Have had this 4.0 OHV Ranger that I did the cam and it made good power but it's always been a tuning nightmare and eats transmissions, and now it blew another head gasket. Have another 1967 hot rod that I just don't see finishing in the next 10 years and I had...
  4. tdw41483

carberated 5.0 swap

Does anyone know how to wire the oil pressure switch in a 91 to keep the fuel pump running? I'm deleting most of the original engine wiring and went with a 302 crate engine with carb. It would be convenient to keep the original fuel pump as it's been very reliable for 30 years. Going with...
  5. tdw41483

For Sale Sold

Video of it running 2/23/2020 before I pull it.
  6. tdw41483

For Sale Sold

Sold

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad