• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by tenndav

1. No crank no start dash lights go out after miswiring the ignition coil

Hi Ron, Well, I got my beloved 97 Explorer fixed last night. I ordered a new starter even though the old one tested fine; I believed that the large chunk I heard the last time I was able to start it was the starter being damaged by miss wiring the coil. I don't know what's wrong with it but...
  2. No crank no start dash lights go out after miswiring the ignition coil

Hey Ron, I test ran the starter today and it worked fine; However the gear just spins and doesn't turn the flywheel. When it's disconnected you can spin the gear the way it spins to turn the flywheel. So it just spins and doesn't drive since it must be broken internally the other direction you...
  3. No crank no start dash lights go out after miswiring the ignition coil

Thanks Ron. I read that a ford engine ran backwards just for a moment and it broke his starter. I pulled the starter out last night what PITA that was. 1997 Ford Explorer 4.0 SOHC with 4-wheel drive no room to get your hands up there; the hardest part was disconnecting the wiring and I...
  4. No crank no start dash lights go out after miswiring the ignition coil

I accidently mixed the coils wires 1-3 and when it started it sounded bad and I turned it off quickly and when stopped a heard a clunk in the engine. I fixed the coil wires and tried to start it and when I turn-on the key all lights shut down and nothing happens? I think something might have...
  5. Camshaft Synchronizer replacement

My 1999 Mazda B3000 3.0 FFV cam synchronizer failed on me at 70 MPH without notice; lost oil pressure and the end. I kept a close eye on this motor and it never had any noises or notice before that I heard. The shop that replaced the engine said that's what happened; cam synch. failed locked...
  6. Glad to return to the best Ford Technicians and shade tree mechanics in the business.

Thanks Ron; Taurus engines are almost like barrels of Oil they are almost paying you to take one!
  7. Glad to return to the best Ford Technicians and shade tree mechanics in the business.

A special thanks to all my veteran brothers who welcomed me back. SgtSandman, I loved the quote that only two defining forces ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ died the most painful death ever so that our sins can be forgiven. To those that don't believe; I pray for you every day...
  8. Glad to return to the best Ford Technicians and shade tree mechanics in the business.

The best Ford forum period! I'm Master Sergeant Gary L. Collins, USAF(Medically Retired) 21 year plus served on active duty. I've been retired 14 years and 360 days. Time still flies by if you're a total disabled veteran that is forced to limited physical activity due to full body pain caused...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad