• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by tootalltechie

1. 1986 Ranger 2WD Brake line problem

Hi I have a 1986 Ranger 2.9L 2WD the front driver side steel brake line developed a pin hole. I got the truck home. I bought a new armor brake line. The problem is that of getting the old one off. 12 hrs of penitrating oil and the old line is still stuck. I got the front joint undone but the...
  2. Problem starting

2.9L 86 ranger 450,000 km Ran last night, snowed 8 inches, won't start in the morning. The person that drove it got stuck in a snow bank (drive way , not me lol) 1 fuel pump running 2 fuel pressure in fuel rail 3 spark at coil 4 starter cranks engine 5 y pipe needs replacing FPR replaced 1yr...
  3. Technical Service Bulletins and Recalls

I was on my local library WEB site and found the "EBSCO Auto Repair Reference Center" and found that there was a recall for the 1986 -87 Ranger and Bronco II trucks equipped with Mazda five-speed manual transmissions. Toyo Koygo (TK5) Part Number E7TZ-7210-S Discription...
  4. Toyo-kogyo Tk5

I have a 1986 2.9L TK5 2WD extened cab I keep having the same problem. My transmision keeps popping out of the shifting fork. The shifting bushing (round ball) moves up the shift lever. Is there a quick and permanent fix for this problem. What would be the Ford part number. I do not want to...
  5. part number needed

Hi 1986 2.9L ranger 2wd I need the ford part number / descriptive numbers of the fuel pump relay. I may have an aftermarket version (no numbers on it). I will be going to scrap yard to pull a couple tomorrow. Do the colors of the base of the relay mean anything ie: green, brown, black? If...
  6. How do I install an ammeter

I bought a low cost triple gauge set, oil pressure Manual, water temp Electrical, 60 amp ammeter gauge. To put into my 1986 2.9L ranger. The gauge set came with very sketchy instructions. ie no wire size, length or where to hook them up. I figure + battery and alternator charging circuit, but...
  7. 1986 2WD Xcab 2.9L ujoints Question

:icon_confused: I have a 1986 2WD, tk 5, extended cab ranger. I have replaced front and rear ujoints 12K ago. The 60 Kph vibration has come back. I lube the joints every 3K. Should the ujoints wear out so fast? Thanks for any info.
  8. Question for anyone from BC Canada

Hi I was wondering if anyone has ordered from LMC truck to get parts. I'm wondering what the cost to bring parts across the boarder and what the shipping might be. any info would be helpful thanks Gordon in Prince George BC
  9. 1992 4.0L (Aerostar) into 1986 Ranger 2wd 5 speed

Hi My 1992 Aerostar 4.0L EAWD A4LD died. The trany went, lost all fluid and .... I was wondering if the 4.oL will just drop in and bolt up to the 5 speed manual? Will I have to worry about drive shaft length after the 4.0L is in? What other isues might I have? Is this a big job for a newbe...
  10. what trany does a 1986 2.9L stx ranger have?

hi What would be the trany in a 1987 2wd stx ranger 2.9L, manual trany is a 5 speed overdrive? Would this work behind a 1992 4.0L from an Aerostar? my Aerostar trany just died and rebuilt one will cost 2050.00 Cdn plus taxes.
  11. trany needs work or replacement what works?

this has been deleted by me no one answered

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad