• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Tractorman86

1. 04 2.3l valve seals

What kind of oil, filter, and are the intervals always 4k mi? Do you run any additives? Start off by pulling your spark plugs and see if they are getting oil fouled? Just my $.02
  2. PLEASE HELP WITH COOLANT bubbling out of reservoir tank

Did you do a compression test or a leak down test? there is a difference
  3. 2003 2.3L High Idle

Just pull the iac solenoid out and clean it with a can of brake clean and reinstall that's what always does it for me at least
  4. 2.3L Engine Clack

Loose cams?
  5. Duratec compatability

well i'm still not sure what is going on... i pulled the valve cover in hopes i would find a broken cam or some such easy fix but I've still got nothing. the cams and chain look GREAT and all the springs and buckets move the way they should, so i put a compression gauge on it and #1 has 180psi...
  6. Duratec compatability

So I think the engine in my 04 is blown (possibly rod?) But I found a2010 for 950, will it work as a direct replacement? Thanks
  7. how to make a 4 banger faster?

It doesn't mate if you think he should do a swap he said he wants to leave the engine in place, lets stay on topic. I would think there is some cam options through the focus guys. Also opening up the exhaust a little can't hurt. I want to do a little research on coils, msd makes one for the 4.6...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad