• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by trphinney

1. '88 2.3 turbo into a 86 2.3 FI

Finally got the new rebuild /swap running (was not a prob. w/ the 20 lane intersection wiring as originally thought). The local machine shop finally convinced me that they thought I had a glitch w/ my oil pump - which I could not believe - changed oil pump and it started right up). From that...
  2. 88 t-bird 2.3 T and ecu into a 1986 ranger 2.3FI

I rermoved the 2.3L FI from my 86 ranger, and installed a 2.3L FI turbo out of a 88 t-bird. I swapped in the t-bird ecu box, and did the changeover wiring that stinger performance suggested (11 wires). This is just exactly how the box was wired before i took it out of the t-bird. The new system...
  3. '86 2.3FI replaced w/ '88 turbocoupe engine

The tuboswap website "Stinger Performance" was helful to some point. Now that the mill is installed, and ready for testing, I am needing some real tech assist, as the ECU swap / wiring does not seem to be as simple as they made it seem. They told me to gladly replace the '86 ranger (5-spd...
  4. '86 vs. '88 4 cyl.

I am putting a '88 ford T-bird 2.3 LT engine in my '86 ranger that has the 2.3 L FI set up. I find that the '88 ford block has a dif bolt pat that the T-50D trans bolts to (not to mention the oil pan also being a dif configuration). I need to keep my TK-5 gear box in my Ranger, as it is a 4x4...
  5. 1986 ranger front fender liner/splash shield (pass side).

I am looking for a pass side front fender liner/splash shield for a "86 Ranger, 4 cyl. I am convinced that the liner should be the same up until '92. Thanks for any leads on this one. trphi@msn.com
  6. '86 Ranger D.Door front glass retainer assm.

I was informed that to correct the way my L. Door glass (no vent window) tends to un-roll and roll-up, a little out of kilter, Ford produced a glass guide for the front edge of that door glass that can be mounted inside the door panel (was not an original stock part, but was later produced as a...
  7. fuel canister

On the "86 2wd Ranger, as the gas line leaves the gas tank, the 1st fixture it passes through on its way to the engine, is a canister that the return gas vent line also passes through. I realize that as long as the low psi pump inside the tank is keeping this canister full, the high psi pump...
  8. '86 Ranger

I have an '86 Ranger 2.3L with the Ford/Mazda manual gearbox that has been converted from a 2wd to a 4wd. I have recently learned that the switch on the transfer case just above the shift control stud is for a 4wd indicator light. I had just plugged in the connector from what came unhooked from...
  9. '86 Ranger 4X4

problem solved
  10. '86 Ranger 4X4

problem solved

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad