• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by viperar15

1. thread titles

is it possible to change a title to a thread? my build thread originally started out as a SAS thread and since then morphed into a SAS and V8 Swap thread... thanks!
  2. help identify fuel system part - 99 ranger 4x4 3.0

Unfortunatly no picture unless someone want me to txt it to them... but try to imagine :-) Fuel tank - fuel pump - fuel filter - unknown device with electrical connector - to flex fuel line - to hard fuel line - motor... The unknown device is square boxyish and fuel comes in from the top with...
  3. Ford 302 Oil Pan - Help!

So I have a 68 302 Block. I picked up a 85 Ford Bronco Rear Sump Pan, thinking it would fit. It looks IDENTICAL to the oil pan that was on it (problem with the original pan is that its been patched.. I prefer to know my oil is gonna stay where its suppose to). But once I put the pan on, its...
  4. Steering wheel turning itself viciously

Ok, so i have been doing an SAS on a 99 Ranger. Used to have a rack and pinion setup. Putting in a Gear Box from about a 76 Ford F150 i believe (its the box that sits on top of the frame with the arm coming down on the outside of the frame. i hooked it up to the stock power steering pump. put...
  5. 99 4x4 Ranger SAS Dana 44 Coil Springs

Well... 1.5yrs.... and then some.... We finally have the Ranger pretty much all back together, except now I need Coils and Shocks. Shocks will be the easy part... I know that the Spring Compressed needs to be about 15 - 15 1/2" Its an F150/Bronco type spring. I was looking at the Superlift...
  6. 1999 Ranger SAS - Full Width D44 Coil Setup

1999 Ranger 302/C6/NP205 Swap - SAS Full Width D44 Coil Setup original picture!! this project been underway for the past year. only recently has the project been put into urgent build because of my car hitting a deer. so here are some pics of the radius arm mounts. everything is tack weld...
  7. axle alignment (D44)

thanks for the help guys. it looks like thats all it is, we've pulled it over and looks like it'll be just fine, so my brother has the steel at the shop today so we can start creating the radius arm mounts.
  8. axle alignment (D44)

it's off by about 2 - 3 inches
  9. axle alignment (D44)

ya know... that could be a possibility. the axle is a 76 f150 d44. but the rad arms came from another junkyard. never thought they would have changed that also in 79... will have to check it out. now... i do know i did try pulling on the arms today when i got home from work and i could kinda...
  10. axle alignment (D44)

alrighty... getting my 99 ranger ready to be back on the road. we measured up the wheel base and did cross measuring to get the dana 44 up front centered right to left and front to back. the setup is coils and shocks (not leaf sprung). the problem we are running into right now... 1 of the...
  11. Transmissions for 4.6L V8

Ok, so just the other night, I hit a deer with my mustang (GRRRR!!!). Anyway, I know insurance will total out the car bcause of the year and the fact the air bags deployed. Soo.... I was going to put a 302 into my ranger, which i have 3 blocks i could build up, but since then, I have had several...
  12. dodge ford 9"

so far i have talked to several dodge guys that have confirmed that in a some rare cases, the ford 9" was used in dodge vehicles. i'm gonna search for docs on it now...
  13. dodge ford 9"

so i'm curious who has known about this... apparently, Dodge made use of the Ford 9" axles in some of their vehicles. As far as I can tell, everything of the axle is Ford, EXCEPT for the yoke. I worked with a buddy to get a U-joint to go from my 99 ranger drive shaft to the yoke... and i kept...
  14. 99 4x4 manual locking hubs

well... i just installed a set on my 99 ranger... time to go and test them out. and... omfg... we have manual locking hubs for 99 year rangers now!! (ok... somewhere i got out of the loop and missed this...)
  15. Rear end axle swap

alrighty... after some discussion last night, its gonna get put under the truck as is, full width with a d44 full width front. my brother talked me into it.... ok.... and NO its not gonna leave my hands for $20. lololol :-P

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad