• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by whoy210

1. 2wd trans in a 4wd...

Yes, i know this question has been asked before.. but this is a little different, Needing another trans in my 2002 4x4 3.0 Ranger... but i'm not about to spend 1300 + to get it rebuilt ...........AGAIN... and all I can seem to find at the local yards is 2wd transmissions. Now i am...
  2. 4r44e or 5r44e????

Is there anyway to look at one of these tranmissions while its still in the truck and identify it? Thing is , i'm not exactly sure what model my truck is.. vin says its a 2002 with the 4 cylinder.... but it has the 3.0 in it, and i had to get the older style oil pan gasket and plug wires...
  3. well it went out on me again....

just had this trans rebuilt a little over a year ago... and here we go again :annoyed: On both occasions i lost all forward gears, except last time there was some pretty heavy slipping and grinding before it went out.. this time around it started to not want to engage in a forward...
  4. 4r44e not engaging unless revved

and that is just my problem.. It will not engage a forward gear unless its revved to between 3 and 4 grand.. it used to just sit there for a second before it would engage, now its started this. I have searched for this on here and come up empty handed... :icon_confused: i would say its a...
  5. How do you remove this Line!?

Hi, I have what I belive to be between a 98 to 2001 Ranger (The vin says its a 2002 4 banger ... believe it has the '02 body on it ) 4wd with the 3.0 in it. Now I need to replace the line going from the a/c compressor to what i believe is the dryer, anyways its got this special fitting on...
  6. Block Possibly Cracked????

Are any of these 3.0s prone to cracking? I recently bought an 02, It started running hot on me, there was just pure water in the radiator, and what i thought at first was just rust in it, now I believe it was some type of block sealer they were using. I flushed it , changed the thermostat...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad