• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2.0L ('83-'88) 2.0 carbed to 2.3 efi help

I was planning on getting the head machined, one of the pistons blew and left a bit of spatter. Thanks again guys, honestly the info here is all I need. It should be pretty easy to find a block, I’ve got a couple leads on a few of the u pulls around me. Happy easter, and happy 40th anniversary...
  2. 2.0L ('83-'88) 2.0 carbed to 2.3 efi help

And to bolt the 2.0 head to to 2.3 block, it would have to be from a truck between 83-88 correct?
  3. 2.0L ('83-'88) 2.0 carbed to 2.3 efi help

Well that would be just as easy. Smaller valves shouldn’t cause too much issue? I don’t need it to run great, just need it to run
  4. 2.0L ('83-'88) 2.0 carbed to 2.3 efi help

Well I think I will give that a try then!
  5. 2.0L ('83-'88) 2.0 carbed to 2.3 efi help

I appreciate both of you guys replying, it honestly just reaffirms that I want to stick to a carb for simplicity. I’m familiar with them, and don’t want to make more work for myself than I need too. I just use the truck as a woods buggy, so the cheapest and easiest route is where I want to go...
  6. 2.0L ('83-'88) 2.0 carbed to 2.3 efi help

Hey there, my 2.0 block decided to blow up recently. Finding a new to me 2.0 block in my area is proving to be near impossible. There is however an early 80’s ranger with a 2.3 efi at a junkyard here where I can get the whole motor for cheap. I’m hoping someone can tell me where to look for a...
  7. 83 ranger with Dana 30 help with bushings

Hey everyone! I’ve got an 83 ranger that’s had a SAS with a Dana 30. The fella I got it from didn’t know too much about it, but I believe the front axle to be from 98 Grand Cherokee and the rear axle to be from a mid-nineties f150. It’s just a woods buggy but it makes finding parts difficult not...
  8. Dana 30 SAS 83 ranger track bar bracket help!

For the track bar to frame bracket am I going to want to order a regular bracket, a drop bracket, or an offset bracket? From Ironman
  9. Dana 30 SAS 83 ranger track bar bracket help!

I live in Nova Scotia Canada, the frigid North Atlantic haha. I’ll grab a few pics of the arms tomorrow morning when there’s a little bit of light to work with. That site looks really great, I’m surprised I hadn’t run into it yet. I’ll order the brackets from them but I think I’ll wait on...
  10. Dana 30 SAS 83 ranger track bar bracket help!

Well that’s not what I want to hear bobby. Do I want to start looking for radius arms off a Jeep? The whole truck is in excellent shape, there’s been a complete rebuild of the engine and transmission, and everything mechanical has been touched so I’m not ready to put it to the side yet haha
  11. Dana 30 SAS 83 ranger track bar bracket help!

Yeah it’s a bit of a mess haha. I’m having trouble finding a used one off a Jeep locally without having a good days worth of travel, the ones that are near are quite rotted. I’ll look on ruffs stuff site and see what I can find there, thanks for the tip. The few after market one I have seen...
  12. Dana 30 SAS 83 ranger track bar bracket help!

What track bar and bracket would normally be used for a Dana 30 SAS?
  13. Dana 30 SAS 83 ranger track bar bracket help!

Hopefully this gives an idea of what’s going on. You can see how the track bar bracket isn’t welded flush to the frame, and is siding my coils to bend
  14. Dana 30 SAS 83 ranger track bar bracket help!

I’ll take a few first thing in the morning. Thank you
  15. Dana 30 SAS 83 ranger track bar bracket help!

Hey everyone! So I’ve got an 83 ranger, recently bought. The owner previous to me did an axel swap with the Dana 30 off a 97 Jeep. The track bar bracket is not welded square to the frame and is sitting quite off center, as I found out when I took it in for an alignment. The old guy I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad