• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. juntjoo

Is swapping out the engine on this truck pretty straight forward nuts and bolts process?

Oh I see now. Taurus uses same engine. Why did you have to swap heads? Only ones from mazda/Ranger fit under the hood or... And a "302", that's quite an upgrade. So that's complete long block and tranny right? How will it fit in the engine bay? What kind of mods needed? They make adapters or...
  2. juntjoo

Is swapping out the engine on this truck pretty straight forward nuts and bolts process?

No I know it takes work. I've replaced a clutch and cylinder head, timing belt, all other parts around the engine block itself so that much I have experience with as far as nuts and bolts but yeah, this will be the whole shebang. And I'll definitely be more organized with my parts and more clean...
  3. juntjoo

Yeah, that is my challenge as my driveway is on a decline then incline and I have no way to push it into my garage. And where it will settle will be right over where the incline and decline meet to stand level but pavement where the hoist will be won't be perfectly level and I'll have to...
  4. juntjoo

I think I'm just going to do a straight 3.0 to 3.0 swap. Unless of course the 4.0 is a viable option. But I imagine it's probably a different tyranny and heads too right? Nah, make life easier and do 3.0 to 3.0 How did you know a taurus block would fit? What kind of modifications did you need...
  5. juntjoo

Nice! No other videos? I wanna see it on the drag strip.
  6. juntjoo

You're prolly right about getting bit by the bug. That price aint that bad for a new engine. That upgrade you mention, that's above stock I presume? I shouldn't tempt myself. You can upgrade to the moon if you want. I'm tempted though to get that crane. I've got another car and...
  7. juntjoo

Why do you suggest buying then trading/selling it? Thanks. I'll do some googling. I've seen prices on eBay and not cheap, but I imagine you'll save at least $100 on shipping if I find something local. In fact there's Ranger around the corner broken down all beat up in someone's yard, been...
  8. juntjoo

Nice. How do you like it? Big difference? Might you have any videos on youtube or anywhere of this beast? IDK what the difference is in size, I'm assuming it's substantial otherwise you wouldn't have bothered.
  9. juntjoo

Yeah, if I could rent an engine crane for a day for $30 or whatever, and do it myself that'd save me like $1.5k or something. And would be a fun day or weekend. And what's the "v8 engine swap" under your name mean? You can swap the 3.0 for v8 you say? That sounds fun
  10. juntjoo

If not, where does it get complicated? Also, What engines are compatible? Or where can I check this, like is there a chart/guide somewhere? And if anyone knows of any other engines not officially compatible but with minimal modifications can work? And where do you guys/gals keep your eyes...
  11. juntjoo

07 ranger engine/tranny compatible with my 02 B3000?

Thanks guys. Turned out it was a 4 banger. I'll keep looking. Was a good deal though at $500. Or maybe not
  12. juntjoo

07 ranger engine/tranny compatible with my 02 B3000?

I'm taking a look at an 07 ranger engine/tranny combo for sale. If it's compatible, how should verify its condition? Can you check compression by hand? I know you need to have it running to build it up but can you gather some info that way? What other ways can you check the condition of an...
  13. juntjoo

Engine knocking?

Hmm... So what's cheapest? And(preferably) best(quality)? Sounds like a rebuild would be best if spending enough to buy a new used truck. Can you rebuild it intact from underneath? If so sounds like all in all it would be the best way to go. No shipping, no engine removal, no extra parts.
  14. juntjoo

Engine knocking?

New (used) engine <1k, rebuilt 2k. Plus labor 2.5g's at least. IDK. What would you do? I bought if 20k miles ago for 4k.
  15. juntjoo

Engine knocking?

So how did I lose oil pressure? What's the usual culprit? The oil pump? Oh, I have been having the "check engine" light go on intermittently, around shifting gears, 1 and 2 I believe. Perhaps I should have paid more attention. So many lights and gauges not happy I lost track and thought I'd look...
  16. juntjoo

Engine knocking?

The mechanic said something about the oil, from under the hood. He didn't see my gauges. Not sure exactly what he said. No leaks. I'm not at my truck at the moment but I wasn't noticing anything about the pressure gauge either because it doesn't work or I just never thought to pay attention to...
  17. juntjoo

Engine knocking?

What does the oil pressure gauge have to do with it?
  18. juntjoo

Engine knocking?

What do you think? Is it shot? One mechanic said it sounded like the rod bearing. It got worse. Maybe it's obvious and there's nothing else that could be hitting the moving parts and I'll just ask about how much to drop a used one in if I don't just shop around for another.
  19. juntjoo

Anyone know off hand the size of the star bolts for the seats?

He said before how some models use coolant to heat the intake, which doesn't make sense to me as I've never lived in Northern cold climates where I guess it can be too cold even for your vehicle's intake. Threw me off on a tangent about cold air intake mods and exercising. Excuse me.. But if...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad