• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. M50D-R1 to M50D-R1HD transmission swap question

disregard, found the write up in the tech section.
  2. leveling kit issue

Anyone have any trouble with their front coil springs not wanting to seat completely (flush) on aftermarket leveling kit blocks? The stub of the block seems too large on the ones I got. below is a link to a set like the ones I bought, they are supposed to fit my 93 ranger...
  3. leveling kit issue

I went all through the front end of my 93 ranger ext cab 4x4, new ball joints, tie rods, drag link, sway bar and radius arm bushings and while I was at it I installed a 2" leveling kit (round aluminum spacer blocks, flat on bottom, slight cone shape on top for the spring to ride on). well, it...
  4. ball joint pinch bolt

1993 4x4 ext cab ranger. I replaced the upper and lower ball joints, upper came with a new pinch bolt. Chilton manual said 48-65 pound torque on pinch bolt. The alignment bushing is in correctly, and I torqued to 65 pounds, but when I rotate the knuckle/spindle the upper ball joint stub does not...
  5. upper ball joint pinch bolt

1993 4x4 ext cab ranger. I replaced the upper and lower ball joints, upper came with a new pinch bolt. Chilton manual said 48-65 pound torque on pinch bolt. The alignment bushing is in correctly, and I torqued to 65 pounds, but when I rotate the knuckle/spindle the upper ball joint stub does...
  6. 1993 ranger 4x4 spindles

Is the salvage yard the only source for replacement spindles, I need one for each side. Are both sides interchangeable (just the removable spindle part)?
  7. did a few updates......

.....and it made a BIG difference. Bolted in 2 "like new" seats and console from a 2002 ranger ext cab into my old 93 ext cab ranger. Put on 4 new cooper Discoverer AT3 tires, replaced my disintegrated body mounts with poly units, and swapped the old 2 piece drive shaft out for a "one piece"...
  8. another seat question

Can anyone tell me if bucket seats from a 2002 ranger edge ext cab will fit in my 1993 ranger ext cab? My original buckets are pretty shot.
  9. noise diagnosis help please

1993 ranger 4x4 ext cab, 4.0, 5spd manual, manual transfer case. In all forward gears under load/acceleration I hear a chattering sound (not really loud but annoying, hard to describe) but when I let off the gas/coast the noise goes away. seems to come from the shifter area, but I can't tell...
  10. replacement seat belts

looking for a set of replacement (factory style) front seat belts for my 1993 ranger. Mine are worn, stained, and the driver side doesn't want to retract like it should. Any sources out there for replacements, that won't break the bank?
  11. Wheel bearing preload/ manual hubs question

This is a 1993 ranger 4 x 4 supercab, 4.0L, 5 speed with manual hubs. The wheel bearings need replaced and I'm having a real hard time setting the wheel bearing preload. Actually, I set the preload to the correct amount but when I try to torque the outer lock/jam nut I cant keep the washer...
  12. transmission noise

1993 ranger 4x4, 4 liter, 5spd, manual 4wd. Problem is a "chatter" type noise under acceleration (anytime throttle is applied) in any gear at any speed (louder at road speed). Noise seems to emanate from around or below the shifter area. If I let off the throttle and coast, the noise goes...
  13. "factory" tire size question

First some info on my ranger. 1993 ext cab 4x4, manual 5spd 4.0 v6, manual transfer case. I bought the truck used and it has 235/75/15 tires on it. To me they look too small but that just me be my opinion. I've also noticed that the speedo is inaccurate, like the tires are too small. When I...
  14. Bleeding clutch

I'm just sorry I didn't do a search on here first on bleeding the clutch system. I've had the 5 spd tranny out of my 93 4x4 ext cab for a rebuild, and it needed a new slave cylinder. The hydraulic line isn't in the greatest of shape, so I thought I'd replace it as well, didn't relize they are...
  15. Help Needed Please!

I did a search and was unable to come up with what I need. I'm working on my 1993 4.0 Ranger 4x4 ext cab with 5 spd tranny. I pulled the tranny to have it rebuilt/repaired and I'm replacing the clutch and slave cylinder while I'm in there. I got the hydraulic line disconnected without any...
  16. 5spd shifter/manual t-case rubber boot?

I have a 93 ranger ext cab 4x4 w/manual 5 speed and manual transfer case. The dual shifter boot is in poor shape and I'd like to replace it with a good factory original or new remanufactured boot. Anyone know where these can be found? Thanks.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad