• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Front rotor removal 1989 4x4 with automatic engagement?

Hello Forum, I need to replace my front wheel bearings on the right side. Could someone please explain how to disassemble the 4x4 hub assembly in order to remove the rotor. Do I need special tools? Attached is a photo of the hub. Thank you, John
  2. Intermediate shaft trans bearing noise?

Hello Ranger Forum, I have an 89 4x4 Ranger. I put in a new (reconditioned) transmission in thirteen years ago. The intermediate shaft bearing is starting to make some noise. (stops when I push the clutch in) is there an additive I can put in to quiet the bearing as an interim remedy...
  3. 1989 Fuel Gauge Question.

Hello Forum, My Ranger fuel gauge has never worked so I thought I would try and get it functioning. When I first turn the key on the gauge goes from empty to full and then slowly comes back to empty. I replaced the fuel pump and sending unit but did not make a difference. Before I remove the...
  4. 1989 Ranger Transfer Case Motor?

In the last few years my transfer case motor has been intermittent. Now it is not working at all. I have made an effort to exercise at lest once a month but not always the case. I am assuming the issue is due to lack of use. Has anyone had any experience with this. Should I disassemble and...
  5. Ford Security System?

Hello All, This security system was installed prior to me owning the 1989 Ranger. Is anyone familiar with this system. The Ranger recently would not turn over the other day after pushing the momentary switch just prior to starting. I bypassed the security system and was able to start the...
  6. Hella 100/80 watt bulbs.

Do you guys know if the stock wiring can handle the Hella 100/80 watt bulbs? Thanks, John
  7. Rear Antilock Brake Light and Cruise Control?

Hello forum, I am new to the site. I have a 1989 4x4 2.9 Ranger. Truck is all original and in good shape. Daily driver with over 200,000 miles. I recently replaced the starter and solenoid. During the test drive the rear antilock brake light came on and the cruise control stopped working...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad