• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. For Sale 1994 Ranger Splash/460

Sold the truck
  2. For Sale 1994 Ranger Splash/460

Turn key, needs nothing, drive home. Built to and competed in Rocky Mountain Race Week. 5 drag strips, 5 days, 1,000 miles no repairs were required. Complete build book and build photos go with the truck, along with build notes, instructions, and parts receipts. 1969 Thunderbird 429 block...
  3. 460/Ranger

60 times are not good. They are in the 2 second range. I have video of the launch. It goes straight with no wheel hop but it does slip some. I launch from idle by rolling into the throttle with the transmission in drive. It shifts at about 5700 rpm but I will try to lower the shift points...
  4. 460/Ranger

Amazon $70 Works great.
  5. 460/Ranger

I just ran on to this post that I made last year and I thought I would update it some. All the events that I thought I might enter were canceled last year and although I did some test and tune at the drag strip, most of the time I just drove the truck as a daily driver. This year I was invited...
  6. For Sale 1994 Ranger Splash 460/c6

Thanks, It gets fair mileage but not like the original truck mileage. It is easy to drive and is much like an original Ranger until you push on the loud pedal. I looked at your photos of the trailer build. Since I have a couple of parts trucks, I intend to build a trailer much like yours...
  7. For Sale 1994 Ranger Splash 460/c6

1994 Ford Ranger Splash, 460 cubic inch engine, C6 transmission. Just completed with about 1000 miles. Driven daily. Built to compete in Hot Rod Drag Week and Rocky Mountain Race Week events. Street legal. Tilted, state safety inspected, and licensed. Complete build book and build photos go...
  8. 460/Ranger

I have finished the hood scoop that I made from scratch and the rest of the parts for the cowl induction. I plan to take it to the drag strip soon.
  9. 460/Ranger

I replaced the original speedometer with a gps unit. It was difficult to modify the cluster but it just barely works in the space. It is a 160 mph speedometer which is kind of a joke. This will automatically adjust for the different sizes of tires, or a different ratio rear axle, should I...
  10. 460/Ranger

I have completed the rough shape of the functional cowl induction hood. I am going to step away from this project for a while and do some other stuff. When I get back to this I will smooth out the hood scoop and paint it flat black.
  11. 460/Ranger

I trimmed the cowl induction hood scoop that I made today. I will leave it in the raw for a couple of weeks to let the fiberglass cure before I finish the scoop and make it smooth and nice to look at it. I was amazed at the amount of material that I removed in order for it to fit. When the...
  12. 460/Ranger

Thanks, I posted so that I could make it easier for others and maybe they would not make some of the mistakes that I did. Redos are not much fun. On the subject of age. I was able to retire from teaching at an earlier age than most people retire. Since the age of 52 I was a partner and the...
  13. 460/Ranger

I have not run hot rod drag week before but I have done a lot of research and made plans. This truck will not be a winner in its class. It will not be the fastest by far, but it will not be the slowest either. It should fall about in the middle of the entries in its class. My objective is to...
  14. 460/Ranger

I have some photos of the mounts. I fabricated a bolt in mount using part of the original 4 cylinder mount on the frame and the factory 460 mount on the engine. I am not happy with my welds. They are probably functional but not pretty. I plan to remove them and redo the welds. I decided to...
  15. 460/Ranger

In order to instal the 460 without modifing the firewall or the floor, I had to do some things that you would not normally do and are not good practices. The engine is slightly offset. Thats not really unusual though as many factory engines are not centered. The engine is also at more of a...
  16. 460/Ranger

I want to thank everyone on this board that has posted information to help me build my Ranger project. My intention for this vehicle is to participate in Hot Rod Drag Week this fall. I do not know if this will happen but I built the truck to their rules to run in the street race non power...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad