• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Buzzard

So I think I got a little ahead of myself **NEED HELP***

So, I finally got a 4.0l out a 98 B4000 got the wiring harness and both computers ( one from the cowl and one from the passenger kick panel). I a Planning to swap my 2.9 out for the 4.0. Where my questions are is ,1 - will my fm-146 5spd trans bolt to this motor? 2 - will I need both computers...
  2. Buzzard

Meet Vegas

Her name is Vegas: A 1988 Ford Ranger Xlt (Super Cab) 4x4 Powered by the original 2.9l V6 from the Factory with 209k miles and still counting. 5spd transmission with push button for 4x4 with auto hubs. Sitting on a 4inch Rough Country suspension lift She has a 3gal air tank with compressor...
  3. Buzzard

Shifter play

I’ve got a 1988 Ford ranger XLT 4x4 with an FM 146 transmission the trucks named Vegas. Ived owned it for 6-7yrs now. My shift lever has a lot of play in it. How would I go about fixing that? Does anyone have part numbers for the lever or the bushing or both?
  4. Buzzard

Help….

I got a 1988 Ford Ranger XLT, (SuperCab),4x4, With a Manual Transmission. How hard is it to wire in a push button and toggle switches to run the same function as my ignition switch, I would like to delete the ignition switch altogether. Any help is appreciated. Also does anyone have wiring...
  5. Buzzard

88 Ranger Front end issues 🙃🙃✌️ NEED HELP!

Soo I got this fine piece of Ford Craftsmanship 😅😁 I’m the 2nd official owner and I’ve had her for 5 years. This is my… 1988 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4, (SuperCab) w/t a 2.9l V6, Manual Transmission, She also has a 4in Rough Country Suspension Lift **Original build date on door (11/87)** Her Name...
  6. Buzzard

Wanting to do a 4.0 swap

Will the FM146 manual transmission that goes to my 2.9l v6 bolt up to a 4.0 v6 if I swap motors or will I have to buy an adapter plate. Trying to get an idea of what all I’m gonna have to do to complete this motor swap properly.
  7. Buzzard

Fuel Hand Issue

So my fuel hand is not reading properly. I have replaced the fuel pump and sending unit, there is a new computer installed behind the passenger side kick panel. I’ve replaced the fuel relay. My instrument Cluster works fine as far as I can tell but idk what’s going on. All I know is that I can...
  8. Buzzard

NEED HELP ASAP!!!!!

I have been searching high and low to find a transmission for my truck I recently purchased a transmission for $500 just to put everything back together and find out that the transmission was bad. I am looking for an FM146 Mazda transmission for my 1988 2.9l Four-wheel-drive five-speed Ranger...
  9. Buzzard

Help!!!!

Okay so long story short I have a 1988 2.9 XLT with manual trans, I’ve replaced the rotor button and cap. I’ve put a new coil on it and a new ICM I have spark coming from my coil but not my distributor and Idk what to do from here, it cranks over but will not fire

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad