• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Maggrett

No power issue 1990 2.9lXLT...need advice

@gaz not previously. I have now replaced the fuel pump, filter, and injectors, IAT sensor and still no luck. It takes longer to start now than previously. The problem is now intermittent. Today I drove on the highway with good power. Once I turned around, it went back to limpy, gutless, slooow...
  2. Maggrett

Tfi connector question

Gotcha. So, which pin does it connect to the TFI module? Mine has no black wire going to it atm.
  3. Maggrett

Tfi connector question

Thanks Uncle Gump. The diagram shows a black wire from the tfi, but my harness doesn't have a black wire on the connector. Its the one that is wrapped around three others inside the insulated loom. Not sure where its supposed to go.
  4. Maggrett

Tfi connector question

I got a pip circuit failure code and checked my harness. I found the black wire spliced together which terminates before the tfi module. Is this supposed to go to a ground or is it correct? It looks like it is wrapped around three other wires inside its own loom, then just stops. Pics included...
  5. Maggrett

I am in Colorado, BTW. I've driven up and down Wolf Creek Pass in a snowstorm in my 1967 T-Bird (no longer have it). It was an adventure.
  6. Maggrett

Hello. I have not found a solution as of yet. Replaced the injectors, distributor, gaskets. Have not found the problem. I have a new fuel pump on the way in. My new problem is it running OK when starting, but losing power and shaking when warmed up. I'm taking a break from it before I go insane.
  7. Maggrett

Yep, just changed the filter, correct flow.
  8. Maggrett

I just changed the plugs and same symptoms. I will do a compression test and post the results.
  9. Maggrett

Yep, throttle cable is taut. It still seems variable. Sometimes I had power on the highway without much effort and others it was excruciatingly slow with the throttle floored. I think I will pull my tank and see if there is crap on the sock.
  10. Maggrett

Thanks Uncle Gump. I'm starting to think I just have a tired old engine. Drove 120 miles, without much power, buy solidly.
  11. Maggrett

I will say that my throttle cable was stretched pretty well. Taking up the slack improved tĥe situation a bit, but it still lacks uphill power.
  12. Maggrett

Not sure if there is something I'm missing so I posted a video. Anyine notice evidence of exhaust restriction or the like?
  13. Maggrett

Thanks for your time Uncle Gump. I appreciate you. Tomorrow I will go back out and redo the vacuum test. My pressure definitely is a bit off. Wondering if something else is causing it to dip further when I'm on the highway. Will do the checks and report back. Thanks!
  14. Maggrett

I noticed the tachometer started blipping erratically which is why I replaced the TFI module (had one laying around because I now know how flippant they are). I do sometimesnotice the amp gauge either low or high. It might be an electrical short. I was thinking of driving on the highway with the...
  15. Maggrett

The oil pressure gauge reads a bit low as well when this started happening. It would normally be past the "m", but now dips down to the "o".
  16. Maggrett

Also, when I pulled my plugs the showed signs of running hot and lean. No fouling at all. Burnt looking.
  17. Maggrett

I checked the timing and it was right on. I aready did the vacuum test- seemed good at 15-16hg then zero blipping the throttle. Nope, got the same size tires I've always had, though they are new. The problem kind of was slowish in appearance; going on the highway having more and more trouble...
  18. Maggrett

I am getting 31 lbs at idle, 39 at wot, dips to 28 releasing the throttle, then back to standard 31 lbs. Unplugged fuel.pressure regulator, no gas coming out, slight idle increase.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad