• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. For Sale 1989 Bronco 2 for sale

It's posted over on the Bronco Corral... https://www.broncocorral.com/forums/index.php?threads/1989-bronco-2-for-sale.153573/
  2. Small link off negative battery cable?

On an 89' Bronco 2 that is the ground wire for the rear ABS brakes........took me quite some time to find out why I had an ABS light on the dash.
  3. Coolest engine swap you've seen

I have seen two "interesting" swaps.....both were SBC's (V-8's of course) so not an odd engine but the cars they were in was different......a mid to late 60's VW Karman Ghia (engine was in the front), and a mid 60's Bug eyed Sprite. They were both well done swaps. Very neat and professional looking.
  4. 2.9L turbo/engine swap

A cheap trick is to find a throttle body from an 86-87 2.9......The 89' had a 50 mm TB and the older one is 58 mm.......a significant increase in size. I found a really dirty one, complete, for $20. It won't get you any appreciable HP but the throttle response is much better
  5. Purchasing 1st B2. Need advice

Typically the later the year the better the vehicle (most problems got "fixed"). That being said the 90' would be the best year. I have an 89' and there were significant engine head improvements over the 87' (beefier heads mean less cracking if overheated). If you opt for the 89' start looking...
  6. Thinking about new handgun purchase.

I carried a Rossi 351-2 .38 Special for quite a while and decided to get a semi auto a couple of years back. I got a Ruger Security 9 Compact after shooting a full size Security 9. The full size is actually not much larger than the Compact. Just carries 5 rounds more due to the length of the butt.
  7. Will it hurt my engine or not?

Cetane is the octane equivalant in diesel.......
  8. ABS light on

Have you done any work near the battery lately? There is a small ground wire off the negative terminal of the battery. If it is disconnected the indications will be as you noted......yeah, mine was disconnected and it took me three weeks to figure it out.
  9. WTB.......Throttle body from an 86-87 2.9L (55mm).

I believe that's what the title says...........86-87 2.9L.
  10. WTB.......Throttle body from an 86-87 2.9L (55mm).

Just what the title says, I want to try a 58mm throttle body on my 89' Bronco 2.
  11. Restored B2 with snow plow.

There is a gent here locally trying to sell an 84' B2 for $25K as well. His is pretty ratty looking (rusty and dented) BUT it has a Shelby HiPo 289 ci w/C4 and a NP205 transfer case. Way over priced IMO.
  12. Drill bits

I bought a Drill Doctor when they first came out and every so often (once every couple of years) I get tired of dull bits and break it out.
  13. 2.9l V6 Oil weight question etc.

Noisy lifters are a Cologne design flaw......irritating but not generally fatal. My 89' 2.9L was noisy when I got it and since it had sat for an undetermined amount of time I changed oil/filter and used 20-50 dino. Didn't help, tried adding "lifter quiet", still no help.....checked the OM and it...
  14. Another A4LD problem.....

Time for an update to this thread......took out the governor and cleaned it up (it was a bit sticky) re-installed and it was "better" but not right. I replaced the valve body with a refurbished one and that fixed a number of shifting oddities but I lost OD and the 1-2 and 2-1 shifts still...
  15. Should the Brake Booster Be Doing This?

As for the ABS light, I chased one of those for quite awhile until I read some where about a wire off the battery ground that could easily come unplugged (several inches from the battery itself).....it had and once plugged back in it worked fine. It only effects the ABS apparently.
  16. 1990 Ranger 2wd 4.0L A4LD vacuum module issue

I have been playing with my A4LD for quite some time.....it currently has no OD (this happened after I replaced the valve body). The original problem was hard engaging and shifting (the valve body corrected that). I've had the vehicle for over a year and it has not shifted correctly. I am...
  17. Blew power steering line, drive it home?

If you run the pump empty it will most likely need replacing.....I'd replace the line ASAP.
  18. Transmission fluid keeps leaking

Mine is a 2.9 with the A4LD but all autos will do pretty much the same thing.
  19. Transmission fluid keeps leaking

If you drained the transmission and are now refilling it it will overflow until you start it up and get all the crannies full of fluid....just went thru this when I changed out a valve body. Start it up and finish the fill with it running.
  20. Another A4LD problem.....

Well, I was out driving Monday and the beast started shifting to OD.....WTF. Does it about half the time, I am totally baffled now. I have the opportunity coming up to get a 4.0L with M50R1 and all the stuff (except a pedal box). Someone I know is converting his 94' Ranger to a 5.0. The price...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad