• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. How To: 98+ 4.0 Fuel Pump Replacement

Gentlemen, I replaced the fuel pump on my 1999 4.0 OHV today. I'll do my best to provide a little background on the issue. The integrated check valve had gone bad on my fuel pump causing my truck to loose fuel pressure while the truck was off. This forced me to constantly turn the truck to...
  2. Spring Lock Fittings!!!! HELP!!

So I had allocated this Sunday to replace the fuel pump in my 1999 Ranger 4.0 4x4. It started simple enough. I pulled the bed off this morning and quickly ran into a problem. I have been unable to get the 3/8ths fuel line off the fuel pump fitting. The 1/4th came off no problem but this 3/8ths...
  3. Wire amp to use factory speaker wires?

Gentlemen, I am in the process of installing a 4 channel amp in my truck. The puropse of wiring this amp is to power all 4 door spears inside the truck. Initially I had planned to use new speaker cable to all 4 speakers. Upon actually trying to run the wire I have pretty much given up. It's a...
  4. Cylinder Head Help!

I recently had to pull the heads off my 1999 Ford Ranger 4.0L OHV. After taking them to the machine shop we discovered that one head was cracked and would need to be replaced. Before I go searching for cylinder heads I was wondering if they were interchangeable? For instance the cracked head is...
  5. Does this injector look bad?

Hey guys, While pulling the heads off my truck I decided to remove the injectors to have them cleaned and flow tested tomorrow. While removing them I noticed that there was one injector that looked a bit different. It seemed to have white "crystals" that formed on it. I snapped a picture, maybe...
  6. 4.0L OHV Head Removal

Gentlemen, I recently started loosing coolant and fouling the plugs on two cylinders in my 99 4.0L 4x4 Ranger . The truck would also run rough and smoke a bit at startup. With the help of a friend and these forums we determined that this was a bad head gasket or a cracked head. I just finished...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad