• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Intake Manifold Bolts

Well, I believe a friend pointed out something that was obvious today. She noticed that 2 of the bolts that hold the upper intake to the lower are missing and that could be the cause of my vaccum problems on my truck. Does anyone know the dimensions of the bolts so I can get a box of new ones to...
  2. Finally got my Firestik

So, I finally picked up my firestik KW4-BL and the hood channel mount. Took about 20 mins to install and route the coax. I can post pick of how I did it and a step by step guide if anyone wants. was very simple and took longer to unpack and tie up the coax then it did to install the mount. Best...
  3. Cleghorn 2/14/09 Anyone?

Hello again peoples. I have been thinking of going to cleghorn either the 14th or the following weekend the 21st to cleghorn to go play for a few hours. Let me know if anyone would be interested in going. Nick
  4. Downshifting Bad?

I had someone try and convince me that downshifting to slow down is bad. I personally think he is full of it, but I might as well ask before I say anything stupid. His basic argument is that manual transmissions can break rods(? what rods he is talking about I don't think he knows either). I...
  5. Hauling an ATV

I really don't think this is the right spot, but it might be for the answer I need. Okay, I am going this weekend to checkout Cleghorn and sometime in the future I am thinking of taking out my girlfriend's ATV. I am just wondering, with my current setup(see sig, plus 30" tires), how will it...
  6. Wilson or Firestik Antenna

Hello everyone, I am looking for a permanent antenna setup on my truck. I am debating between a Wilson 5000 or a Firestik MK-DM18R with a 4' fiberglass antenna. Either will be center of the roof on my truck. I can get the Firestik for about $50 for both, and the Wilson for about $90 from a local...
  7. Adjusting Timing

Adjusting Timing +++ New IAC Question Okay, I have be unable to find how how to adjust the timing on the 2.9L. Me and my dad spent an hour looking at how to adjust the timing. I have hunted over the internet and have not found a thing on it. Does the distributor rotate like a 351, or does it...
  8. Will an Exploder Hitch Fit a 1st Gen Ranger?

Basically, will an exploder hitch from a 1st gen fit on my 4x4 1988 ranger? I have gone to a few junk yards and not found a ranger hitch, but a few explorer hitches and I am wondering if they will work. Nick
  9. Quick Questions About FM146

Okay, I got 2 quick questions about the Mitsubishi FM146 trans. 1. I was trying to get the fill plug out of the transmission the other day and it was locked in there. I used a 3/8" ratchet, then a 1/2" breaker bar. Neither worked sadly, I only ended up stripping out the socket and beginning to...
  10. Stumbling 2.9L

Hello everyone, just had a question that I would like to have answered. Here goes, my truck has the 2.9L with a strange problem. It runs just fine and starts perfectly, but at idle it stumbles and shakes a lot. It has a constant RPM of 1000 at idle when warm, but it shake around without the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad