• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1992 Explorer possibly bad trans pan gasket

The rear passenger brakes had siezed up and I was not looking to properly free it up since I planned on replacing the brakes anyway. I disconnected the hardware for that wheel and slapped the old drum back on. New shoes, drums, and hardware are already ordered. When it slipped out of the...
  2. 1992 Explorer possibly bad trans pan gasket

I was able to get some work done on the car recently. Two new front tires and a new belt. I got the car out of the driveway and into the street to let it idle for a couple of hours. After 2 hours of idle, I didn't see any fluid leaks or signs of overheating. Took it around the block a few times...
  3. 1992 Explorer possibly bad trans pan gasket

The front tires are shot and it’s registered nonop at the moment so I can’t drive it. Will try just letting it sit running for a while to find the leaks
  4. 1992 Explorer possibly bad trans pan gasket

Is there a way I can tell the difference between the trans cooler or the vent tube being the issue on this or is it more guess and check
  5. 1992 Explorer possibly bad trans pan gasket

I don’t know too much about cars, so is that a bigger problem for me to fix?
  6. 1992 Explorer possibly bad trans pan gasket

Hello, A family member of mine has a 92 explorer with the A4LD transmission that has been sitting for a few years. I have been told the only issue with it was the trans pan gasket. Supposedly it would blow when the pressure builds up enough, dump fluid, then reseals when pressure drops enough...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad