• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. kcm1582

Decision for a first handgun

Well I finally got my ltc and have started looking for a decent handgun and I've narrowed it down to two choices in my price range. One shop has a new Sig sp2022 9mm for 525, or i can get a used Sig p229 for 599 from another. The sp2022 comes with 1 mag where the p229 has 3, both are limited...
  2. kcm1582

custom bumper mounts

Does anyone have pictures of how they mounted plate bumpers on newer rangers? I'm building a set this weekend and am hoping to mount them with out having to cut the original bumper/tow hook support out completely, I am planing to take the outer tabs off for clearance but would like to leave the...
  3. kcm1582

Rust Repair

I have a good section of rust building up under the bed of my truck that I want to cut out and replace but I cant seem to find any weld in bed floor panels. Has anyone found these anywhere? I know I can get a whole bed floor at work but they are 300+ and is way more than I want to spend or replace.
  4. kcm1582

Project Hiden System (lots of pics)

My goal for this was to build a well rounded system that was well balanced and had great sound but was completely hidden and kept the back seats still useable. I finished this a while ago so I guess its about time I shared some pics. I started with a sheet of 3/4" mdf and a cardboard template...
  5. kcm1582

Installing a new harmonic balancer

Well my harmonic balancer has quit and I am going to replace it this weekend, I have just about everything I need except for the special installer tool to put the new one on. A few guys I have talked to said that it can be very lightly tapped into place enough for the bolt to be installed and...
  6. kcm1582

Box design and a few other questions on subs

Well, I am getting ready to put a Kicker CompVR 10" sub and a zx400.1 amp in my truck but before I do, I have a few questions I want to clear up. The whole idea of the system is that I want good clean audio that isn't obvious when you look into the cab. First, for a box I am thinking of custom...
  7. kcm1582

Torch options

I am looking to buy a set of torches for working on the truck and around the house. I already know that I am looking at a set of Smith Toughcuts, but I am back and forth on what to use for fuel. Smith sells a outfit for either propane or acetylene for about the same price. Right now I am leaning...
  8. kcm1582

Well I did it

Yup, that's right I graduated. :yahoo: Got my associates in Automotive Technology with highest honors, and Ford MLR certificate. :icon_hornsup: That is all. WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
  9. kcm1582

2006 transmission issue

One of my friends from school bought a ranger yesterday and he noticed that from a stop going into both first and reverse there is a slight hesitation and a hard start. I drove it today and it did the same thing but it is somewhat intermittent, I checked the fluid and level seems fine and looks...
  10. kcm1582

Buying some tools

Well I'm graduating college in 2 weeks, I have some money saved up, and before I lose my student discount with Snap-On I want to buy a good set of sockets. I am set on buying a full set of short and long 3/8 metric and standard but that only leaves me with enough money to buy 1 full set of 1/2"...
  11. kcm1582

Ram Upgrade Problems

I'm completely confused on this one. I built my computer ground up about a year and a half ago and it has been running well except for the occasional freeze up which I tracked down to most likely being a bad ram chip. I finally got around to ordering some new ram and when I installed it the...
  12. kcm1582

Transfer Case Swap

I'm looking at buying a manual 1354 transfer case out of a 1994 Ranger to replace my electronic 1354 in my 05. Now I know I will have to make a bracket to hold the shift linkage and might have to change over the output flanges but is there anything else I am missing? I want to make sure...
  13. kcm1582

EBC Pads and Rotors

Well its about time to do the brakes on the front end of my truck and I'm thinking of putting a set of EBC yellowstuff pads and USR rotors on. The only thing I'm hung up on is I can't seem to find any information on how long they last. So if anyone is running these what kind of wear are you...
  14. kcm1582

HOSTS file

OK so I installed Spybot-S&D but decided to scrap it and use Spy Sweeper for anti-spyware. Now Spy Sweeper keep saying that its blocking random websites, and after doing a little research I found that it was caused by Spybot adding all the sites to the HOSTS.bak file. Does anyone know how to...
  15. kcm1582

Buying a bass

Ok, so I'm looking at buying my first bass, and I've got it narrowed down to two guitars. The first is the Ibanez gsr200 and the other is the Ibanez sr300. im wondering if anyone has experience with either of these bases, and if its worth it to spend the extra money on the sr300?
  16. kcm1582

Windows 7 Firewalls

What do you guys run for firewalls with Windows 7? I just upgraded only to find out the Zone Alarm firewall is incompatable.:bawling:
  17. kcm1582

Correcting for oversized tires

Ok so I'm getting a set of 265/75r16 Toyo Open Country AT's put on my truck in the next few weeks. Those are going to mess up my mileage and speedo readings. What are my options for correcting the difference?
  18. kcm1582

computer wont start

Ok so I tried to start up my computer tonight and it failed to load windows. The computer just keeps coming back to the screen saying we are sorry for the inconvenience.... I tried starting it in all forms but no change. Anyone have a clue how to fix this? I'm lost and sick of this computers...
  19. kcm1582

Am I blind?

Or are there no grease points on the newer rangers? I went to do my 30000mi service over the weekend and i couldn't find a single grease point on the truck.
  20. kcm1582

Dual Monitors

I got a lcd tv a few months ago and now I want to hook it up to my computer to run it as a second monitor. What would I need to do to hook it up? The computer is a gateway gt5220 if that helps any. thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad