• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. tayloru

Crate 302 or Junkyard 5.0 Swap into 1988 2WD 2.9L Ranger?

Oh crap, you're right, I got confused. Think it'll cause any issues? IIRC My two scenarios might be a either jeep the factory EFI, or go carbureted and have to source a separate controller for that transmission I believe. I did a ton of googling and YouTubing on 302 budget builds the last few...
  2. tayloru

New Member from AZ

Welcome from a fellow AZer!
  3. tayloru

Killer, thank you! I just found a MINT 1997 Ford Explorer 2WD with AOD and 5.0, with only 107k OG miles and the CarFax checked out to be pretty clean. It's almost to clean to rip apart to steal everything out of it, but whatever. Having a buddy go look at it for me today while I am out of town.
  4. tayloru

Yeah, and that's the part that I am REALLY liking about the thought of the crate engine. Much more peace of mind and having something new/completely rebuilt by a trusted source w/ a warranty. Yep agreed on the warranty! That's the thought that really has me going back to that direction. I...
  5. tayloru

I am liking the sound of cheaper and easier! I've done so much research that I am beginning to get lost, so I REALLY appreciate your reply. Crate Engine and AOD: I have done a lot of digging. I spoke to the folks from Blueprint Engine on the phone, and they were friendly enough but kept trying...
  6. tayloru

Hey everyone, I have been doing research for months now on V8 swaps into Ranger. This would be my first attempt at an engine swap. I have done many other things mechanically and electronically, but never torn an engine apart or taken one out of a vehicle. While I have tons of notes on the...
  7. tayloru

New Member Beginning a Powertrain Swap Journey!

Thank you all so much for the welcomes!
  8. tayloru

Old member, Introducing a new truck

Would love to see pics of the new Ranger! a build on any of Solo's stuff has gotta be good, especially one on 35s at that.
  9. tayloru

New Member Beginning a Powertrain Swap Journey!

Hey there TRS gang! First and foremost: I signed up here recently, but have been browsing the forum for a few years now! I am very grateful for the wealth of knowledge and information shared here on the site. From the Q&As/Discussions in the forums, to the great help articles on the tech side -...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad