• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Where to buy knock sensor?

Where can I find a new knock sensor online for my engine? 1987 2.9 4x4 manual. Tommy
  2. What's wrong!!!

Just replaced complete distributor on my 87 2.9 Ranger. It startet after some twisting of the dist. Took it for a short drive, and as soon as it was warm, it stops, and wont start again, Anyone got a clue to what might be my solution? Tommy
  3. 2.9 intake on a 4.0?

I have a brand spanking new 4.0 "short"motor on hand, can I fit a 2.9 intake? I will match port everything as much as possible while I am at it. Tommy
  4. Watertemp gauge won't work.

Hello my Ranger lovin' friends! I am the proud owner of an 1987 ranger 2.9 4x4 longbed. I love this car, we've had -30c this winter here in Norway, this car still starts and gives me a warm a cozy coupe. (my fathers new Audi diesel would NOT start!) Anyways, my watertemp gauge does not work. I...
  5. Wrong disc's

Recently purchased a set of drilled rotors from Summit, but they do not fit, i belive they're for a 2wd,and I've got a 4wd. Its a 87 2.9 4x4. Will they fit any other car? Anybody out there who knows whats disc's to buy in order to get the correct ones? I live in Norway, returning these rotors...
  6. New LSD

Just received my Ford Racing LSD from Summit, and I was wondering: 1. What kind of oil to use 2. What to keep in mind when installing LSD. It's a 7.5" 28 spline, going into a standard 1988 rearaxel... Tommy
  7. Black sludge anyone?

Are oilchanges really THAT neccesary??? Well, judge for yourself....:icon_surprised: How could this engine run at all? dugg out an inch of crap right here: SOOOO glad I only need "outside" parts from this "engine"... Tommy
  8. Aftermarket AC system

Is there any complete aftermarket AC systems available for a 1987 Ranger 2.9??? Summers are getting warm in Norway aswell....I love global warming... Tommy
  9. Humming noise

When I engange the front hubs, there is a humming noise from the front. And the car runs "heavier", witch I can understand. Do I need new front hubs? Tommy
  10. New igniton key, where?

I have finally located a 87 parts car for my own 87 Ranger. This one is missing all keys, how can i get new keys? I'd hate to hotwire and break the ignition lock..( of course I dont know how to hotwire). Rapid answers welcome! Tommy
  11. Norwegian tranny swap

OK, my A4ld is toast, having it rebuildt is nearly 3000usd....It is a 1987 2.9 4x4 So I am going for a manual swap. Have located several Mazda m50od-r1, so that is not a problem, The problem is to find a pedal assembly, as there is roughly 5 Ranger 1987-88 here in Norway.... Will a Mazda...
  12. A4LDe into 87 ranger

Just fried my old tranny, but have A4LDe from a euro Scorpio Cosworth. on hand. As far as I understand, this transmission is much improved over my 87 tranny. Is it just to refit the transfercase onto this transmission, pop it in and go? No electronics that needs to be hooked up? Needs...
  13. Cosworth 24v swap

It takes me about 2 days to go see "zee Germans" in order to purchase a complete Ford Scorpio 24v. They are reasonably priced aswell. As far as I know, the engine block is identical to the one already in my Ranger. But the tranny, a4dlE, is it possible to fit the transfercase that came with the...
  14. Towing in Norway!

This is what I use my Ranger for, towning around other cars of mine that does not work.... Best d.....n car I'v ever had: Tommy, Norway

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad