• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 87 with starter issues

Engine starts up just fine when cold. Let it warm up and shut it down, the starter is so slow it won't start the truck. Let it cool for 5 to 10 minutes and it starts up fine. No matter how long it runs for, after warming up the starter doesn't have the power to rotate the engine fast enough to...
  2. 87 ranger automatic high shift point

I dont have a tach, but I'm certain my 87 2.9 4x4 auto isn't supposed to ride 1st gear all the way to 44mph then shift into 2nd and ride that to 60 before hitting 3rd. And idk if there is an overdrive, if so, it don't work. Had it up to 75 and of never kicked in.
  3. 87 ranger push button 4x4 non op

I have zero experience with these. No clue how they work. I just know this one doesn't. In park, in neutrual, engine on, engine off, either button held for 10 seconds nothing happens. Where do I start my trouble shooting?
  4. 1987 v6 woes

I got an otherwise nice 87 4x4 that was missing its v6. I swapped one I had into it and just got it to rotate today. I have a mess of electrical issues. I hope they are all from the same source. Absolutely no gages work on the dash I have no spark Wipers don't work Radio won't turn on Power...
  5. 1987 with gremlins

I'm putting a 2.9 back into an 87 4x4 XLT and I'm struggling with electrical issues. I don't know what the 3 relays are on the passenger fender but they click on and off at random, sometimes sounding like Morse code. The blower fan doesn't work though it has come on a few times at random for...
  6. Please help. Wiring woes 1987 ranger

I'm trying to help a Marine who is getting out for medical reason. He has an 87 ranger that had a 2.9 engine. I have an 89 2.9 and put it in. It was then that I discovered I don't have the wire harness for the fuel injectors, as my 89 engine runs a different wire harness that the 87. All this...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad