• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Me Mongo

Dead Ranger

Turned out to be a bad ground connection. Thanks for the help, everyone. I really appreciate it. Electrical problems are my least favorite thing. :)
  2. Me Mongo

Dead Ranger

After getting my fuel pump woes settled, I was able to drive my 2000 Ranger 3.0 manual transmission without incident for a few days. Then after leaving it parked for about 10 days as I rode my motorcycle to work, I went out to take it for a spin. Acted like a dead battery. Clicked a couple time...
  3. Me Mongo

Colorado Members?

I'm down in Colorado City.
  4. Me Mongo

New Fuel Pump

filler tube looked good.
  5. Me Mongo

Speedometer Problems [Check here first] --->

I have a 2000 4x4 base model. The speedometer hasn't worked since I bought it (from out of State). When I first drove it there was no check engine showing. After driving it to work one day the check engine light came on and after putting the code reader on, it showed the speed sensor code. I...
  6. Me Mongo

New Fuel Pump

Final update on new fuel pump. Just wanted to take a moment and thank everyone who pitched in with help and advice. I really appreciate it! this is a fantastic website and I am proud to be a member! Look for my next thread as I tackle the next issue I am having. On to the update, first. I just...
  7. Me Mongo

New Fuel Pump

When I changed the pump I drained the tank. It was very clean. As I was diagnosing the pump issue we found a wire connection on the old pump the was loose. I had tried to hook the wires to the old pump while the online (new / wrong) pump was still in the tank. Th old pump wouldn't run even...
  8. Me Mongo

Hello...New to the forum

When I changed the pump I drained the tank. It was very clean. As I was diagnosing the pump issue we found a wire connection on the old pump the was loose. I had tried to hook the wires to the old pump while the online (new / wrong) pump was still in the tank. Th old pump wouldn't run even...
  9. Me Mongo

New Fuel Pump

I have to give the credit to my buddy Andy. I noticed it before I installed it but, I guess I was in fuel pump denial (I didn't want to have to buy another pump...LOL). He said here's your problem. lol I think it's because my truck is the flex fuel 3.0. So, I took the old pump with me to R and L...
  10. Me Mongo

New Fuel Pump

Just a quick update. Did all that was recommended. On closer inspection of the pumps. The original pump had 8 wires/pins. The new on only had 7 wires/pins. Apparently, it was the wrong pump. Found the right one with 8 wires/pins and it fired right up. Thanks for the help.
  11. Me Mongo

New Fuel Pump

I took the bed off. In fact, it's still off. I reconnected the old pump. It doesn't' come on. I could hear it before.
  12. Me Mongo

New Fuel Pump

Just changed the fuel pump on my 2000 Ranger. I put in a new relay and went to prime the system, but the pump does not come on. I Tried the old relay and checked all the connections, and the pump still does not come on. Any Ideas?
  13. Me Mongo

fuel pump help

hey Ron. Thanks. Now that I know what it is called, I found a ton of them. Thank you.
  14. Me Mongo

fuel pump help

Does anyone know what this part is called and where I can find one? The new fuel pump didn't come with one.
  15. Me Mongo

2000 Ranger fuel pump?

It seems like it is a temperature related issue. When it conked out on me it was the farthest I had driven it without stopping. Thanks for the help!
  16. Me Mongo

2000 Ranger fuel pump?

ok. What should the fuel pressure read?
  17. Me Mongo

2000 Ranger fuel pump?

Just bought a 2000 Ranger, 3.0 v-6 manual transmission. As I was driving it home from work I turned off the highway and it started running really bad, no power, wouldn't rev up. I limped it towards home and about 2 blocks from my house it died. Would not start. A neighbor saw me and towed me to...
  18. Me Mongo

Hello...New to the forum

Hello, I thought I would join this forum. My friend told me how good it was. Just bought a 2000 Ranger, 3.0 v-6 manual transmission. As I was driving it home from work I turned off the highway and it started running really bad, no power, wouldn't rev up. I limped it towards home and about 2...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad