• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2001 B3000 DS - crank/no start

Got the last of the water out of the exhaust system. Lots of rumbles and grumbles, and some backfires. Found coolant dripping out the muffler drain hole after a lot of cranking/no starting. So, that's head gaskets at least, possibly warped heads, and given the two catastrophic cooling failures...
  2. B3000 DS / Ranger EDGE 3.0 - oil pan removal?

Good morning. I've got a timing cover leak and a slipped oil pan gasket on my 2001 B3000 DS (AKA Ranger Edge 3.0) and figure I might as well do both at once (plus timing set since I'll be in there anyway at ~235k mi). I have heard from one source that with the DS/Edge trucks (torsion bar front...
  3. 2001 B3000 DS - crank/no start

Definitely forward progress this morning. Cranked on a fresh battery and nothing at first, eventually I got a couple very hesitant very weak fires and heard a strong trickle of liquid. Bunch of water draining out the muffler drain hole. Figured there was maybe a bunch of water pooled in the...
  4. 2001 B3000 DS - crank/no start

Battery was low low low after all the pumping and cranking. I threw it on the charger and will get back to it tomorrow. I'll be happy if that's it. I need to get this thing started so I can drive it up by the shed to pull the oil pan and timing cover. :cautious:
  5. 2001 B3000 DS - crank/no start

Okay, I'm plumb out of ideas. Dried it out, put the plugs back in, crank no start. Hit WOT to disable fuel pump, cranked for a while to ventilate the cylinders, crank no start. Let it sit for a while, crank no start. Possible there's still bad gas that needs to work its way through?
  6. 2001 B3000 DS - crank/no start

5 gallons of fresh gas and a bottle of HEET in the tank. Pumped til fresh gas was coming out the old filter to purge the feed line, replaced filter, and popped a hose on the fuel rail pressure port with a hose pick stabbed through it to push the valve button. Purged til clean gas came out, then...
  7. 2001 B3000 DS - crank/no start

Got a break in the rain earlier. I got 10+ gallons out of the tank, all of it pretty much lightly gasoline scented water. Towards the very end I got a little bit of something that had enough gas in it to have visible fumes in the right light but still wouldn't burn. The friend driving it had...
  8. 2001 B3000 DS - crank/no start

It sat for a few days down the road before I could get to it. Crackheads must have poured in water to get past the siphon ball. The friend driving it when the water pump pulled had put a full tank in right before it blew and it's reading shy of a half. Sigh. Soon as I get a break in the rain...
  9. 2001 B3000 DS - crank/no start

Thanks for the speedy replies. I can't get a siphon hose down the neck (do these things have one of those anti-siphon balls?) but I figure I can grab the fuel line at the filter and run the pump. It only comes on for a second or two with key on - do you happen to know a handy way to jump the...
  10. 2001 B3000 DS - crank/no start

You are correct about the THEFT light, it does go off after Key On. Pulled a plug after cranking and hit it with a Bic - nothing. Left the plug out and stuffed a shop towel in, cranked til it was wet, still didn't ignite. Tried a healthy shot of carb cleaner down the throttle body and no...
  11. 2001 B3000 DS - crank/no start

Hello. The water pump on my B3000 recently blew up. Upon replacing it, and the water temp sensor, I have encountered a crank/no start. Diagnostics so far: Battery was ancient - replaced with new. Fuel pump comes on during key on, fuel pressure good. Battery voltage shown at +12v (red wire)...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad